Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I can’t remember what year end blog post I saw this album on but I’ve been digging it the past month. Getting some nice Uncle Tupelo vibes.

Loose Koozies - Feel A Bit Free

They were on The Raven Sings The Blues year end list along with a whole bunch of other rad shit that I’ve also been jamming to recently. Good stuff.

I don't know if this really fits in the Americana/country category but I have heard this dude mentioned in this circle. Really digging what I have heard.

I don't know if this really fits in the Americana/country category but I have heard this dude mentioned in this circle. Really digging what I have heard.

Both....here in DFW he gets regular airplay on 95.9 The Ranch, which is is an awesome station for this type of music. Checkout their website or mobile app to listen!

I have a question for which maybe some of you guys have dealt with. I've never come close to even considering taking action against an artist since i'm pretty easy going and understanding especially in the current times but back on January 2nd I messaged the artist Arlo McKinley through his Bandcamp and Facebook email asking if I could get a signed copy of his album since I missed the initial bunch. He replied saying he could for $20 so I sent him $25 to cover any Paypal fees or whatever else since it was such a fair price. I sent it through “Goods and Services” with a note about what I was buying just incase. We went back and forth in a few emails and he shared a few stories and he seemed extremely thankful. Then said he would get it out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and provide me with a tracking # which was the 5th of this month. I sent a final reply basically telling him I was in no rush but was looking forward to spinning it soon.

It's now been over two weeks with nothing back whatsoever from him (he was initially answering within hours). I sent one more email a few days ago politely asking for an update on the situation and nothing back from that either. It mostly sucks since he seemed like a good dude and I was a legitimate fan of him music so this is obviously killing that real quick. I was thinking about throwing him one more message and just warn him i'm about to dispute the charge if I don't hear anything back soon which I absolutely do not want to do but he's kind of not giving me a choice here.

What do you guys feel is the best step to take at this point?

I have a question for which maybe some of you guys have dealt with. I've never come close to even considering taking action against an artist since i'm pretty easy going and understanding especially in the current times but back on January 2nd I messaged the artist Arlo McKinley through his Bandcamp and Facebook email asking if I could get a signed copy of his album since I missed the initial bunch. He replied saying he could for $20 so I sent him $25 to cover any Paypal fees or whatever else since it was such a fair price. I sent it through “Goods and Services” with a note about what I was buying just incase. We went back and forth in a few emails and he shared a few stories and he seemed extremely thankful. Then said he would get it out on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and provide me with a tracking # which was the 5th of this month. I sent a final reply basically telling him I was in no rush but was looking forward to spinning it soon.

It's now been over two weeks with nothing back whatsoever from him (he was initially answering within hours). I sent one more email a few days ago politely asking for an update on the situation and nothing back from that either. It mostly sucks since he seemed like a good dude and I was a legitimate fan of him music so this is obviously killing that real quick. I was thinking about throwing him one more message and just warn him i'm about to dispute the charge if I don't hear anything back soon which I absolutely do not want to do but he's kind of not giving me a choice here.

What do you guys feel is the best step to take at this point?
Chill. Everything is crazy right now with mail and logistics. You stated “no rush” and have plenty of time to file a dispute if the need be. Right now I would politely follow up every couple of weeks. I definitely wouldn’t warn him of a dispute until right before you dispute it. My guess is if you stay polite and positive and patient about it you will end up with your autograph. I doubt he is purposely trying to stiff ya. Like you said he seemed like a nice dude. Stay on top of it for sure but keep in mind it may not be his top priority.

Chill. Everything is crazy right now with mail and logistics. You stated “no rush” and have plenty of time to file a dispute if the need be. Right now I would politely follow up every couple of weeks. I definitely wouldn’t warn him of a dispute until right before you dispute it. My guess is if you stay polite and positive and patient about it you will end up with your autograph. I doubt he is purposely trying to stiff ya. Like you said he seemed like a nice dude. Stay on top of it for sure but keep in mind it may not be his top priority.

I didn't realize Paypal gave you so long honestly until I just looked it up right now so that's a good thing. I appreciate the calm approach and you're right especially about the dispute this soon. Just kind of weird he went from promising to ship in 2-3 days to it being 18 now even with what I said. The shipping side of things I got no problem waiting extra long since I completely get that. I had a couple people around me saying I should just dispute it so actually typing it out and seeing your reply made me realize I should chill a bit and let it play out more first. Appreciate the reply! haha

New signing to Normaltown/New West Records. Apparently this band had John Neff who was a founding member of DBT.

View attachment 84563

This needs to be cross-posted here. I'm digging the first single quite a bit.

Me and you both, bummed. Had no idea they would go so quick but apparently she has opened up for Ashley Mcbryde so she’s had quite a bit of exposure.
That might do it. Plus as far as I see from a Isbell fb group I’m in they love her.

Back