Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

This is a little different, but I'm digging it. Curious what others think?

My friend sent me a link to this song earlier this week. I actually like it a lot.

For any Lilly Hiatt fans here: any information on the various color vinyl variants of her new album "Walking Proof"? There is the indie store aqua version, but pre-orders on New West's site (since deleted) showed red, blue, purple and yellow variants. Any idea how many exist and pressing number of each color? Any pictures?

Last edited:
God I love her, no preorder on vinyl for her new album yet but it is being released on July 24th.

I feel down a rabbit hole today. I checked out Jonny Fritz because he got name checked by Vincent Neil Emerson and he's been on my list to listen to for a while.

That led me to checking out his Jonny Corndawg stuff which is really enjoyable too.

He's obviously got connections to Joshua Hedley but also put out an album by a group called Traveller which is Fritz, Robert Ellis and Cory Chisel (who I'm not currently familiar with either). I really enjoy Ellis but had no idea this Travellers album 'Western Movies' even existed until today.

Anyway Jonny Fritz/Corndawg is definitely enjoyable and worth your time. I'm moving onto Cory Chisel soon.

I feel down a rabbit hole today. I checked out Jonny Fritz because he got name checked by Vincent Neil Emerson and he's been on my list to listen to for a while.

That led me to checking out his Jonny Corndawg stuff which is really enjoyable too.

He's obviously got connections to Joshua Hedley but also put out an album by a group called Traveller which is Fritz, Robert Ellis and Cory Chisel (who I'm not currently familiar with either). I really enjoy Ellis but had no idea this Travellers album 'Western Movies' even existed until today.

Anyway Jonny Fritz/Corndawg is definitely enjoyable and worth your time. I'm moving onto Cory Chisel soon.

Yeah Traveller is amazing. I saw them on their brief tour in 2018. So great live, they took turns playing their own songs and playing Traveller songs. they would put a new album out. You can pick up the record on Corey Chisel's label. Christmas Eve at Kroger is my favorite.

Yeah Traveller is amazing. I saw them on their brief tour in 2018. So great live, they took turns playing their own songs and playing Traveller songs. they would put a new album out. You can pick up the record on Corey Chisel's label. Christmas Eve at Kroger is my favorite.

I really need to stop spending so much money but I'm really tempted. I'm almost through my first full listen.

I really need to stop spending so much money but I'm really tempted. I'm almost through my first full listen.

I like them better together than anything any of them have done solo to be honest. I got into them because I was really into Robert Ellis. Jonny is good too and love Corey's voice.

Thanks for this! I originally became aware of Jonny Corndawg when he was opening for / performing with Middle Brother (the Deer Tick / Delta Spirit / Dawes super group). At the time he was doing really kitschy stuff. His album at the time was called Down by the Bikini Line. It was funny and pretty good but not something I needed to listen to very often.

But his last album - Sweet Creep - was really solid and much more straightforward. Despite dropping the Corndawg, I think he may have done himself a bit of a disservice by starting as a joke.

Standout from that record: Are You Thirsty is a disarmingly honest song about alcoholism, which was apparently produced by Jim James, so yeah he's got connections.

Thanks for this! I originally became aware of Jonny Corndawg when he was opening for / performing with Middle Brother (the Deer Tick / Delta Spirit / Dawes super group). At the time he was doing really kitschy stuff. His album at the time was called Down by the Bikini Line. It was funny and pretty good but not something I needed to listen to very often.

But his last album - Sweet Creep - was really solid and much more straightforward. Despite dropping the Corndawg, I think he may have done himself a bit of a disservice by starting as a joke.

Standout from that record: Are You Thirsty is a disarmingly honest song about alcoholism, which was apparently produced by Jim James, so yeah he's got connections.

This is my favorite Fritz song especially considering the subject matter. The Stadium Inn was a not hotel that you wanted to stay at.

This is my favorite Fritz song especially considering the subject matter. The Stadium Inn was a not hotel that you wanted to stay at.

Yes! Happy in Hindsight is such a great song.

I like Stadium a lot too. He does do "funny" or satyrical well. I guess I prefer when it's a bit more subtle or tongue-in-cheek than "Shave Like a Razor."

Did you ever listen to Middle Brother? His verse on the title track is good. (also, pretty clearly pre sobriety)

Another recent discovery with a Robert Ellis connection - The Tender Things.

Ellis appears on two tracks on their new album. Patty Griffin appears on another.

Back