Complete collections.

And a final one for now - possibly my favourite single musician, Miles Davis. Hard to fathom just how much amazing music he's responsible for. The final white box in the pic contains 12 discs of his earliest EPs and albums so all told there are over 50 albums here (Water Babies is hidden in the pic). And I *love* each and every one of them. This will have to do for now - I need a much bigger build-up to do my Poly-Rythmo collection as I have so many damn 45s of theirs...

View attachment 44167
Damnnnnn this is goals right here!! I counted up my Miles-as-lead records and its at 21.....so still plenty to go.

My 'dream' is to have all of Lee Morgans records, I can never get bored of them. Theres loads that have him up-front but not in the title as specific lead, like 'Dizzy Atmosphere' and 'The Young Lions'. My current count is 28 but I know there's much more than that.

Led Zeppelin come from pretty close to where I do, and I'd often see Robert Plant in my local. They've pretty much been my favourite band since I first discovered them aged 11. I've been through cassettes, remastered CD boxsets, OGs, remasters. What I would give to have seen them play live. Three master musicians (including out and out one of the greatest drummers of all time) and a fabulous singer. I'm not so bothered about lyrics so they wash over me but the music...

View attachment 44164
THE greatest drummer!!

Led Zeppelin come from pretty close to where I do, and I'd often see Robert Plant in my local. They've pretty much been my favourite band since I first discovered them aged 11. I've been through cassettes, remastered CD boxsets, OGs, remasters. What I would give to have seen them play live. Three master musicians (including out and out one of the greatest drummers of all time) and a fabulous singer. I'm not so bothered about lyrics so they wash over me but the music...

View attachment 44164
THE greatest drummer!!

Not according to the JQBX battle today, huh @Wicked Dreamer @debianlinux!?haha

And a final one for now - possibly my favourite single musician, Miles Davis. Hard to fathom just how much amazing music he's responsible for. The final white box in the pic contains 12 discs of his earliest EPs and albums so all told there are over 50 albums here (Water Babies is hidden in the pic). And I *love* each and every one of them. This will have to do for now - I need a much bigger build-up to do my Poly-Rythmo collection as I have so many damn 45s of theirs...

View attachment 44167
Damn, I was about to share my almost-complete Second Quintet collecion, but what's the point after this? 😂

Really jealous of those "Plugged Nickel" and "Bootleg Vol. 2". I've been eyeing those records for a while now.

I just need one more album for the Mountain Goats and National for their album collections to be complete 🤞

I have all of Björk’s albums and all of The Radio Dept.

It’s easy to say you have all of an artist who’s only put out 2 or 3 records. But any who have 6, 7 or more is impressive.

Let's see that The Sea and Cake collection, @Indymisanthrope !
giphy.gif

A4A8B5B0-1F96-425B-95E8-4349AE02C108.jpeg
I believe that’s everything on 12” except for the Two Gentlemen EP.

Also I think this is the entire Hiss Golden Messenger vinyl catalogue, less some 45s and one live recording that continues to elude me (and one single of an in-store performance at Luna that I had to miss because of work even though it’s only 3 blocks from my house, but I’m over it and not bitter at all):
3C71966A-E54D-4C4F-870E-E36FC7EF2262.jpeg
Edit: Dammit I’m also missing the 12” Golden Gunn split with Steve Gunn.

Last edited:
Back