Come And Relax Now Before These Crowded Ants Marching: Dave Matthews Band

greg howard, who played chapman stick on several btcs tracks and guested several times, passed away a couple weekends ago. here he guests on dreaming tree from lt39

new album is out.

don't read if you want to listen first without knowing other's opinion.

this album is bland as shit. virtually no personality here whatsoever, just generic/inoffensive adult contemporary rock music that feels like dave said 'ehh, that's good enough'. it's telling that the best songs (imo) are the ones over four minutes, there's many songs on here that end well before they feel realized. and love it or hate it at least the first 30 seconds of after everything felt inspired. the other 42 minutes could have used that kind of sense of purpose. having heard most of the songs in some form already i wasn't expecting to love the album, and i think the best i can say about it is that it isn't awful enough to land at the bottom of my album rankings, but i can say i feel that this is about as uninteresting a record as they've ever put out.

new album is out.

don't read if you want to listen first without knowing other's opinion.

this album is bland as shit. virtually no personality here whatsoever, just generic/inoffensive adult contemporary rock music that feels like dave said 'ehh, that's good enough'. it's telling that the best songs (imo) are the ones over four minutes, there's many songs on here that end well before they feel realized. and love it or hate it at least the first 30 seconds of after everything felt inspired. the other 42 minutes could have used that kind of sense of purpose. having heard most of the songs in some form already i wasn't expecting to love the album, and i think the best i can say about it is that it isn't awful enough to land at the bottom of my album rankings, but i can say i feel that this is about as uninteresting a record as they've ever put out.

Who is saying that?

After the first listen, I thought the album had some similarities to Some Devil. 7 more listens and like everything after Busted Stuff, there are some tracks that I really enjoy and others that are just ok.
I’ve seen varied reactions all of the webz, but this is what the band is now.
I really wonder how different things would have been had Dave never met Glenn Ballard and LeRoi were still alive.

This is a really good article. Dave has definitely experienced a different life.

email blast today had notes about live trax 3 and 4 being repressed. looks like quite a few things are available:

live trax 2-7
red rocks
crash
uttad
rtt
and the newer records

email blast today had notes about live trax 3 and 4 being repressed. looks like quite a few things are available:

live trax 2-7
red rocks
crash
uttad
rtt
and the newer records

HOLY SHIT THEY REPRESSED LIVE TRAX 2!!!!!

live trax 2-7
red rocks
crash
uttad
rtt
and the newer records
Might have to snag that Golden Gate set

Do we have any indication of how limited these might be, and whether they might still be available on the 29th?
I'd really love to slide this into the next billing cycle if I can...

NM, just went ahead with it anyway. I didn't think I'd ever get this one without paying double or more what they're asking, and their shipping is shockingly reasonable.

Last edited:
Back