Christmas Vinyl Music Challenge

Days 11 and 12

I am very behind on posting - we will see if I can catch up

First up is one of my favorite recent issues as Amanda Shires – For Christmas. As far as I can tell, Silent Night is the only traditional Christmas jam with the ever charming "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" on there as well but a lot of cheekier/darker originals. A nice little gem for genre fans or alternative Christmas fans.

PXL_20221219_122426882.jpg

Second up is Jim Henson's Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (Music From The Original Television Presentation) picture disc from an RSD or three ago. It's still a very charmy janky Christmas special with a great little soundtrack - h/t to the Riverbottom Nightmare Band. Interestingly, this sneaked into the discount bins for a minute and is now once again hard to find. I'd bet on a normal reissue at some point

PXL_20221219_122602837.jpg

I got behind on both of the months challenges...but I'll still post what I spin over the next few days.

Day 23.

She & Him – Christmas Party
Columbia – C-175646, 2016

Cut by Chris Bellman
Pressed at RTI

7eaCvN.jpg

T1PAqP.jpg

Days 13-15

I'll edit some photos in a bit. A mishmosh over the weekend. The Fahey was a nice relaxing sit back acoustic Xmas affair, a nice little recommend. The Dolly/Kenny...eh. Not my jam haha. The Steamroller is a staple

John Fahey - The New Possibility: John Fahey's Guitar Soli Christmas Album
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - Once Upon A Christmas
Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas

It’s been an awful year for me and I’m a total grinch. Have not listened to any Christmas music yet. Husband just sneaked this onto the TT. I’m still broken, so much loss this year, but this might help get me ready for this weekend.
61FDCDFE-D95C-4855-9CE2-E0FDE6832603.jpeg

Day 19

Pound for pound one of the best modern Christmas EPs, top flight originals and smart covers, a bit of a downer but sometimes the holidays are like that.

Slow Club - Christmas, Thanks For Nothing

image.jpg

Day 20

I’ll likely try to play 25 regardless but his may be the end of the run for Dec 25 or before…we will see I got some goodies left to put out there

Seth McFarlane - Holidays For Swing

image.jpg

Ted Franko was a bit of an underground legend. An older fella who performed and recorded with younger garage & metal rock folks. Untrained vocals and a non-standard delivery made him fit the punk rock ethos. I have two 7” and a CD from him - Shoot My Boss (on CD only) is a favorite. Here’s his Christmas single.1EC806AA-11D8-4F4E-AED1-1E8E74C53D1C.jpeg

Back