Christian Music, Anyone?

If you are like me, when you were 3 your parents spun Randy Stonehill on the Yamaha in the den incessantly.

Some artists of the 80s-90s Christian Music Boom (Amy Grant, Choir, Mike Roe, Steve Taylor, Phil Keaggy, Jars of Clay, Sixpence, Lost Dogs and others) are doing a 50th Anniversary/Tribute to Randy Stonehill, whose first album was released 1971.

Here's the Kickstarter if you are interested.
Two LP Gatefold for $50 pledge.
Closes in two weeks.

If you are like me, when you were 3 your parents spun Randy Stonehill on the Yamaha in the den incessantly.

Some artists of the 80s-90s Christian Music Boom (Amy Grant, Choir, Mike Roe, Steve Taylor, Phil Keaggy, Jars of Clay, Sixpence, Lost Dogs and others) are doing a 50th Anniversary/Tribute to Randy Stonehill, whose first album was released 1971.

Here's the Kickstarter if you are interested.
Two LP Gatefold for $50 pledge.
Closes in two weeks.

I just love that the location is on Nashville. CHECKS. OUT. LOL

So it's RSD and I'm im standing around choking down a vodka/red bull that one of the staff was good enough to bring me- this like 20yr old kid comes up to me...I had seen him at the last record show, I had given him a Jeff Rosenstock CD and a Hellcat Records comp to introduce him to that side of punk rock. He just wanted to tell me how great they were and how he had been listening to more of those artists.

I don't know if I ever have before, but I know now that I am at least a footnote in that guy's musical journey.

Then as the vodka set in I thought about when I die a version of Ray Boltz's "Thank You" plays out where a parade of randoms comes through and explains that I obliviously influenced their musical taste. Sung by Iggy Pop

Then as the vodka set in I thought about when I die a version of Ray Boltz's "Thank You" plays out where a parade of randoms comes through and explains that I obliviously influenced their musical taste. Sung by Iggy Pop

I haven’t heard the name Ray Boltz in like 20 years. Just googled him to see if he was still rocking a mullet…apparently he came out of the closet a while ago and the mullet is no more. I don’t mean to suggest that those two facts are related, but I also don’t know that they’re not.

They were my first concert.
This song rips.

What’s with the eye patch on Michael Sweet?

Holy Soldier > Stryper > Bloodgood > Whitecross
My buddy really liked Bloodgood, but I wasn’t really into much Christian metal. I mean I liked Shout, but they weren’t metal, lol. I did like Deliverance, Vengeance and Tourniquet a bit though. Bride was alright too.

I am starting the process of selling my entire collection as a bulk sale. Instead of having these Christian titles wind up in a record shop, I thought I'd see in there was any interest here. Some of these I have listed for sale on Discogs, but that doesn't mean that is the final price.

Back