China Members

blissfullychaotic

What festivals you going to?
What live shows are you seeing?
What new/local bands are you digging?
Where do you get vinyl?
What are you eating?

It's China it's energetic, it's massive, and it's wonderful. I go back and forth between Suzhou(苏州)and the states frequently as I have property in China and it's truly my second home. I've travelled throughout the country extensively and am looking forward to meeting you all and learning about what's going on throughout the country!

Last edited:
hey man, I'll be in Shanghai for work for a short week in mid July.
is there any place worth visiting for a vinyl enthusiast that knows nothing about China?
is there a point to go digging for records or quality and prices are not worth the effort?

my evening and various meals are probably taken care by my company local office, so won't have much freedom to explore....

Most certainly worth it to go digging, there's a huge indie, electronic, folk, punk,post-rock, metal scene out there and you can find some awesome stuff. When I was living in Shanghai I would check out these places

Uptown Record Store 115 Pingwu Lu, near Xingfu Lu
if you wanna drink a beer while looking go to the Uptown RnB 131 Yongfu Lu, near Fuxing Lu
Sound Town is dope Shimao Festival City, L2/F, 829 Nanjing Dong Lu, near Xizang Zhong Lu

There's quite a few more, but never explored any outside those 3. Check out Mao's livehouse for any upcoming shows. If you do get freedom hit me up and I can recommend some awesome places to eat at

Back