Best of the Year Playlists - 2019 - August 2023

gcowgill

If you don't know what this is all about, check out this thread from last month.

I bought a record player at the end of 2018 somewhat on a whim. But I was irritated that my newish car didn't have a CD player and that some titles I was interested in didn't seem to be readily available on CD, so I fairly quickly made the decision to go all vinyl with my music purchases. I hadn't previously bought a vinyl record since 1987 or so. None of this is too relevant to this thread, other than that my 2019 playlist is my first drawn from albums I bought strictly on vinyl.

Look forward to seeing and hearing your lists!

If you don't know what this is all about, check out this thread from last month.

I bought a record player at the end of 2018 somewhat on a whim. But I was irritated that my newish car didn't have a CD player and that some titles I was interested in didn't seem to be readily available on CD, so I fairly quickly made the decision to go all vinyl with my music purchases. I hadn't previously bought a vinyl record since 1987 or so. None of this is too relevant to this thread, other than that my 2019 playlist is my first drawn from albums I bought strictly on vinyl.

Look forward to seeing and hearing your lists!

Okay, so I added your playlist to my queue and it is going right now. Kyle Craft and The Hold Steady (SHUT UP EVERYONE NOT ANY ONE OF US IS EVEN CLOSE TO LISTENING TO EVERYTHING EVER - jeez) are fire and getting listened to at some point.

Enjoyed listening to this, but I've studiously avoided listening to any King Gizzard out of fear that I might like it. Having succumbed to Guided by Voices a few years ago, I definitely don't need another ridiculously prolific band to get interested in. Especially one that I would be embarrassed to mention by name to anyone who didn't already know them.

I'm staying strong (doesn't hurt that their newest album is apparently a genre exploration of a genre I'm not a fan of), but damn... they sound pretty good.

Okay, so I added your playlist to my queue and it is going right now. Kyle Craft and The Hold Steady (SHUT UP EVERYONE NOT ANY ONE OF US IS EVEN CLOSE TO LISTENING TO EVERYTHING EVER - jeez) are fire and getting listened to at some point.
Yep, Kyle Craft is sadly underexposed. I stumbled on him almost as a fluke. Hold Steady are magnificent, and as long as Craig Finn's speak-sing delivery doesn't turn you off (I love it), they are absolutely worth exploring.

Back