Best Of The Year Playlists - 1978 - October 2023

gcowgill

OK, this is very late in the month to be posting this. Sorry. I'm going to go ahead and post November's at the same time to try to make up for it (should anyone care). We'll just have a big ol' playlist playpen.

Anyway, 1978 was a crap year for movies and a brilliant year for music. My playlist is short on eclecticism, perhaps, but dang were white boys with guitars doing some wonderful things in 1978. If Spotify had them, this playlist would also feature Richard & Linda Thompson's "Layla" and Wreckless Eric's "Walking on the Surface of the Moon," two great tracks very worth checking out.

As always, please post your picks! If you don't know what this is all about, here's the lowdown and archive to previous months.

Definitely a couple of transitions that could be smoothed out dubbing a mixtape or with a proper mixer, rather than a playlist, but all in all I'm pretty happy with this one...

That's the stuff, for sure. I look forward to listening to this, probably Saturday.

As with next month, we have a bunch of the same albums represented (7, maybe?) but different song selections.

Doing a bunch of work upstairs away from the turntable this week, so I'll be working though a few of these lists throughout.

OK, this is very late in the month to be posting this. Sorry. I'm going to go ahead and post November's at the same time to try to make up for it (should anyone care). We'll just have a big ol' playlist playpen.

Anyway, 1978 was a crap year for movies and a brilliant year for music. My playlist is short on eclecticism, perhaps, but dang were white boys with guitars doing some wonderful things in 1978. If Spotify had them, this playlist would also feature Richard & Linda Thompson's "Layla" and Wreckless Eric's "Walking on the Surface of the Moon," two great tracks very worth checking out.

As always, please post your picks! If you don't know what this is all about, here's the lowdown and archive to previous months.

This is great. Definitely feels much more cohesive than my flailings, and features a goodly number of artists I'm tangentially familiar with but haven't listened to much. Definitely see myself revisiting this one!

Back