August Fanon & Defcee - We Dressed the City with Our Names
Dua Selah - Crossover
Lex Leosis - Terracotta

serpentwithfeet – DEACON’S Grove
Dundundun - Dundundun EP
KiloWatts & PointBender - Western Wolf
A.A. Williams - arco

Here they are in a playlist, if you're interested:

There they go again with their monochromatic unsolicited alteration of artists' cover art that is a complete affront to good taste. And a fucking eyesore.

Q4 Update

Total 2021 releases (albums/EPs/mixtapes) listened to as of December 13th: 149 318 422 524

Wrapping up the year with some quality releases, although not as numerous in quantity. Currently shutting out any 2021 releases I haven't gotten around to for the remainder of this year while reevaluating my favorites and the "fringe" candidates for my top50. The top50 chart (and some other goodies) will be posted on the 2021 Megalist thread in the coming days.

Would love to see more people use a chartmaker for visual, rather than lines of text. The chart below was created using Ostrakon, which works on mobile as well.

Ordering is in alphabetical band name/artist last name.

2021Q4Favorites.png
Arca - KIcK iii
Circuit Des Yeux - -io
GrĂ b - Zeitlang
Devin Hoff - Voices From the Empty Moor (Songs of Anne Briggs)

Jon Hopkins - Music for Psychedelic Therapy
illuminati hotties - Let Me Do One More
Irreversible Entanglements - Open the Gates
Kedr Livanskiy - Liminal Soul

Lotic - Water
Jessica Moss - Phosphenes
Marissa Nadler - The Path of the Clouds
Emma Ruth Rundle - Engine of Hell

Scrimshire - Nothing Feels Like Everything
Slow Crush - Hush
Tasha - Tell Me What You Miss the Most
Wiki - Half God
EDIT: Can't believe I had the wrong date from earlier lol

Last edited:
Adjy - The Idyll Opus (I - IV)

Just discovered this album. It dropped on June 30th. It's pretty massive and there's so much to dig into. All I can say at this point is, "Wow"... This one is going to take some sitting with to really dive into the lyrics (which are formatted as if you're reading a book or a play). I'm very impressed upon my initial listen. Highly recommend giving it a try, if you've got some time to invest!

I'm listening to this right now for the first time finally. Holy. Shit.

This is like The Oh Hellos and The Dear Hunter had a baby

Last edited:
Ok technically this is a "Best of 2021" thread but with the good comes the bad đź‘Ž so here is Exclaim's Worst Album Covers of the year list

Ok technically this is a "Best of 2021" thread but with the good comes the bad đź‘Ž so here is Exclaim's Worst of Albums of the year list

Yes! Exclaim's worst album cover list is always a favourite of mine!

Ok technically this is a "Best of 2021" thread but with the good comes the bad đź‘Ž so here is Exclaim's Worst Album Covers of the year list
most of these would fit right in during the 80s and 90s

Back