Best Music 🎶 of 2022!

Harry Styles at 40? As Steven Hyden quoted some critics on the Indiecast podcast this week "If Harry Styles looked like Ed Sheeran he'd have the same reputation".

- Nulifer Yanya at 28 is also at least 20 places too low - easily top 5.
- Otherwise top 10 is a nice insight - reckon 2022 is going to be a belter for albums. ....except for Beach House. I am not critical of their music or fans - I just don't get them! 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’ve listened to the album a few time now on wax and streaming and the vocal mix sounds fine to me, reminds me of Sonic Youth or Stereolab.
Hmmm 🤔 I’ll have to listen to it in some different settings, maybe on my car speakers vs headphones, I’ll download the mp3s and try it that way rather than Spotify too. I liked it musically, but the vocals being too muddled diminished it for me.

This one slipped entirely by me last month but showed up in my Stupify algorithms last night, for which I'm extremely grateful!

Won't be to everybody's taste, but this is a great tribute to Bob Kaufman, one of my all-time favourite American Poets (who sadly remains far lesser known than he should be.)

Features contributions from Angel Bat Dawid, Moor Mother and Patti Smith

Ordered! Thanks for the recommendation!

I really like the new Angel Olsen album, but my very minor complaint is that the flow of the album gets to be a little samey in the middle. The first two tracks have a lot of energy and makes it feel top-heavy. The middle songs are quality, but in the context of the album feel like it drags down the pace a little bit. Move "Big Time" to the 5 or 6 spot and I think it would work a little bit better. The final two songs are killer though, I wouldn't touch those.

chart (9).png

ALBUMS
Drive-By Truckers - Welcome 2 Club XIII
Max Richter - The New Four Seasons - Vivaldi Recomposed
The Tragically Hip - Live at The Roxy May 3, 1991
Fantastic Negrito - White Jesus Black Problems
Noori & His Dorpa Band - Beja Power! Electric Soul & Brass from Sudan's Red Sea Coast
Madalitso Band - Musakayike
Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation
The Burning Hell - Garbage Island
Theo Croker - Love Quantum

EPs
Auntie Flo & Sarathy Korwar - Shruti Dances
Taxi Kebab تاكسي كباب - Visions al 2ard
Bennie Maupin & Adam Rudolph - Symphonic Tone Poem for Brother Yusef

Back