Best Music 🎶 of 2022!

Looking forward to it! I'm starting my second listen this morning. I'm having trouble logging into the Bandcamp app though, it's quite annoying. Browser play it is!
App is working on my end 🤷‍♂️ The intro reminds me of the score from the movie Platoon. Enjoying so far! Happy listening 🎧

I can't seem to pinpoint an exact release date for Macy Gray & The California Jet Club's The Reset but signs seem to point toward June. I'd love sooner, but I can be patient.
I'd be interested in hearing this. I'm still a little burned from seeing Macy Grey live and her being so drunk she couldn't make it through the set. But her voice on a studio album would be nice to hear again.

Okay, almost caught up on January releases. These are the ones I've listened to based on what I've seen here and elsewhere:

WilderunEpigone
The WeekndDawn FM
Deaf ClubProductive Disruption
Anais MitchellAnais Mitchell
Silvana EstradaMarchita
AnxiousLittle Green House
Grace CummingsStorm Queen
MydreamfeverRough and Beautiful Place
Mirabai PeartThousand Eyes
ThylaThyla
Ghostly KissesHeaven, Wait

What are your favorite January releases that are not listed above? I wanna be thorough this year. I've got a spreadsheet going and everything!

I've quite enjoyed the Grace Cummings and Silvana Estrada but Anxious wasn't really my bag.
Deaf Club is still in the queue.

I've quite enjoyed the Grace Cummings and Silvana Estrada but Anxious wasn't really my bag.
Deaf Club is still in the queue.

Man, that Silvana album is gorgeous!! Easily one of my favorites. I enjoyed Grace, but I doubt I'll be returning to it much. Anxious has been my favorite that I've listened to this year so far. I think their sound triggers something very nostalgic and wonderful in my brain.

chilli peppers are one of the most egregious bands of the last 50 years
Look, man, I've been a part of this forum for just over a year and it's quite an awesome collective of music lovers from around the world. It's a welcoming, polite, and typically open-minded and accepting community of people. We all are here because we love music. And comments like these are unnecessary and quite adolescent... Sure, lots of folks on here enjoy music that isn't my cup of tea, and vice versa. But that's the beauty of music, isn't it? Each person connects to different music differently. Everyone's musical tastes are different in some way. I would hope that instead of flat out harshing on an artist that someone else likes and is excited about, you would either just scroll by or just give 'em a like. Simply stating that you think an artist is trash contributes absolutely nothing (except negativity) to a forum aimed at quality/positive music discussion. If you want to simply voice an opinion (everyone's got one), Twitter may be the better fit for that. Let's keep N&G a cool place for everyone ✌

New Spiritualized is much better than And Nothing Hurt. That record felt extremely condensed and over-produced. The songs were shorter as well. This new one keeps some of that sound but goes a little bit in a retro direction for them. A couple of tracks sound like they could have been released around the time of Let it Come Down or Pure Phase but without the strings or choir. It's exceeding my expectations since they were rock-bottom expecting an And Nothing Hurt Part 2. Coming in at 44 minutes with only 7 tracks gives each one some time and space to breathe. And Nothing Hurt never took a beat that it desperately needed.

Back