OMBIIGIZI - Sewn Back Together
Father John Misty - Chloe and the Next 20th Century
Peach Pit - 2 to 3
Phife Dawg - Forever
Jean-Michel Blais - aubades
Kevin Hearn - There and Then: Solo Piano Improvisations
Lisa LeBlanc - Chiac Disco
Luna Li - Duality

Artists who I am most anticipating a new album from (not announced) based on timing since their last album:

Janelle Monae

PLEAAAASE! I need the next installment for Cindy!

Also, I'm determined to keep up with new music this year. I always fall so far behind after the first couple of months. BUT NOT THIS YEAR, DAMN IT. Also determined to keep up with the forum in general. This is my New Year's resolution.

PLEAAAASE! I need the next installment for Cindy!

Also, I'm determined to keep up with new music this year. I always fall so far behind after the first couple of months. BUT NOT THIS YEAR, DAMN IT. Also determined to keep up with the forum in general. This is my New Year's resolution.
Perfect resolution!

Two more albums I'm highly anticipating but completely gapped on when putting my initial anticipation list together:

Federico Albanese - Before and Now Seems Infinite
Various - Fragments: Erik Satie

Dawn FM is quite enjoyable! Compared to After Hours which took me a few listens to appreciate beyond the bangers on side C, this one is easily likable off the first listen. There's a definite homage to the electro-disco sounds of Moroder and Donna Summer. I also hear some synths that wouldn't be out of place on Stanger Things, giving the record a bit of a sci-fi vibe. The theme is reminiscent of Songs For The Deaf, but instead of listening to the radio while on a road trip through the desert, Dawn FM is more like listening to the radio while stuck in traffic and zoning out into a trance. Fittingly, I listened to much of it in the car, while lined-up for parking at the vaccination clinic. Since I find Dawn FM more immediate, I'm not sure if this will have the staying power of After Hours - the strength of that one was all the layers that slowly revealed themselves as you realize the entire album is a narrative about a night of debauchery after a breakup. But there might be layers to peel off on Dawn FM as well. Time will tell. My favorite track off this initial listen is "Less Than Zero" - it's Dawn FM's Save Your Tears. Anyway, this is a solid follow-up to a huge record, without just re-hashing it.

Dawn FM is quite enjoyable! Compared to After Hours which took me a few listens to appreciate beyond the bangers on side C, this one is easily likable off the first listen. There's a definite homage to the electro-disco sounds of Moroder and Donna Summer. I also hear some synths that wouldn't be out of place on Stanger Things, giving the record a bit of a sci-fi vibe. The theme is reminiscent of Songs For The Deaf, but instead of listening to the radio while on a road trip through the desert, Dawn FM is more like listening to the radio while stuck in traffic and zoning out into a trance. Fittingly, I listened to much of it in the car, while lined-up for parking at the vaccination clinic. Since I find Dawn FM more immediate, I'm not sure if this will have the staying power of After Hours - the strength of that one was all the layers that slowly revealed themselves as you realize the entire album is a narrative about a night of debauchery after a breakup. But there might be layers to peel off on Dawn FM as well. Time will tell. My favorite track off this initial listen is "Less Than Zero" - it's Dawn FM's Save Your Tears. Anyway, this is a solid follow-up to a huge record, without just re-hashing it.
Agreed on all counts. Dawn FM is like a late 70s and 80s dance party in purgatory. It's a nice soft-rock faux radio 📻 station concept album hosted by DJ Jim Carrey. Maybe it's just me but the yacht rock vibe throughout the album reminds of Tame Impala's Slow Rush a little bit.

I haven't checked out the lead single yet, but this sounds exciting:

Screen_Shot_2021-12-21_at_1.58.29_PM.png

Stro Elliot (of The Roots) puts his spin on ten James Brown classics. The remixes draw upon a variety of inspirations, from Afro-Beat to electronica.

And lastly, a list of artists with no announced releases (that I know of) that I would love to see albums from in 2022:

Janelle Monáe
Drive-By Truckers
Black Thought
Kendrick Lamar
The Roots
Me'Shell NdegéOcello
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra
Murs
Erykah Badu
Kid Koala
The Heliocentrics
Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah