Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Another one I preordered that I will never get, I especially feel bad for artists who worked directly with Bandbox.
Why couldn't the artists/labels just make another non bandbox variant without the zine. I think people would be happy to have the albums even if they don't come with the zines.

Why couldn't the artists/labels just make another non bandbox variant without the zine. I think people would be happy to have the albums even if they don't come with the zines.
in this scenario, the artists and labels, who've already lost money to Bandbox, would be spending their own money to bail out Bandbox for not delivering the product

That Weather Station situation is especially disappointing since that was self released and will likely never be pressed now.
i found it interesting the post made it seem like they were just finding out about this, but i remember seeing The Weather Station listed as a creditor in that initial bankruptcy doc that got linked. i wonder how many other groups/artists are unaware of this and that Bandbox is not going to deliver

i found it interesting the post made it seem like they were just finding out about this, but i remember seeing The Weather Station listed as a creditor in that initial bankruptcy doc that got linked. i wonder how many other groups/artists are unaware of this and that Bandbox is not going to deliver
It looked like everyone who was in the corporate database got an email on March 6: people who had pre-order, artists and other creditors. So if Bandbox had a wrong email address or an address that was not checked regularly it would definitely slow getting the news out.

Looks like the bandbox CEO put his ex-wife’s address on the court/bankruptcy paperwork. Absolutely wild.
It was the registered address of the business originally, and he probably never bothered to change it. I googled to see what the Bandbox building looked like out of curiosity and was surprised to find that it was just a residence. Nice house, actually, based on the old Zillow listing. Lol

Looks like the bandbox CEO put his ex-wife’s address on the court/bankruptcy paperwork. Absolutely wild.
And if she is still living there then I guarantee you somebody that bought from Bandbox is crazy enough to go harass her about not getting their records. It is a shitty situation, but there is absolutely no need for that kind of mess.

And if she is still living there then I guarantee you somebody that bought from Bandbox is crazy enough to go harass her about not getting their records. It is a shitty situation, but there is absolutely no need for that kind of mess.
Yep— people on Reddit were posting the address. He doesn’t live there anymore and apparently owes her parents loads of money as they invested in his business.

Yep— people on Reddit were posting the address. He doesn’t live there anymore and apparently owes her parents loads of money as they invested in his business.
The address is what was on the legal documents they sent everyone. So it's not that they doxed her, but still I imagine some loon is probably going to go show their ass and even if she was complicit in the fraud it's not like we're talking about any customer losing their house kind of money.

The address is what was on the legal documents they sent everyone. So it's not that they doxed her, but still I imagine some loon is probably going to go show their ass and even if she was complicit in the fraud it's not like we're talking about any customer losing their house kind of money.
Yea— But I think people were also going out of their way to post the address in comments too. People suck.

Maybe he forgot to change the business address but it’s still kinda shitty. Would have thought he would have changed it when bankruptcy got filed and noticed the address on the paperwork

Back