Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Can Bandbox kill their subreddit too? If so, I hope the people actively discussing on there are establishing another place to keep up on developments about this shit show...
Because that sort of thing has never happened before ever, right?
Album Circle. Funniest discord ever

Just looked through my album circle emails. They advertised the club as “limited to 500 copies”.

Then I emailed to express my disappointment and they wrote back:

Having read the reaction of some members to our first monthly delivery, we sincerely apologize for any confusion and upset we may have caused with the exclusivity description of our monthly record. The monthly albums are indeed exclusive editions - in this instance, to Rough Trade (which this service is part of - who source and select the record), but not solely Album Circle (Album Circle members-only have received this record weeks ahead of it’s US release).

🤣🤣

I wish. It was signed by the band nobody had ever heard of. I think they sold the record for under $20 at RT and somehow the bag added $20 onto the price.
Well if Morrisey can charge a couple of hundred bucks when he signs a standard vinyl copy of Electric Warrior or Transformer, why the hell not?

Now, now, let's not forget that the Album Circle subscription allowed you exclusive access to enjoy a live interview with the band conducted by an employee of the record company. This perk would normally set your average customer back a grand or so. In this context, the $40 price for a surprise album with signed something or other (I think the second month it was essentially an index card) AND viewing of a chat is surely a steal.

Now, now, let's not forget that the Album Circle subscription allowed you exclusive access to enjoy a live interview with the band conducted by an employee of the record company. This perk would normally set your average customer back a grand or so. In this context, the $40 price for a surprise album with signed something or other (I think the second month it was essentially an index card) AND viewing of a chat is surely a steal.
Didn’t know they made it past 1 month haha

Back