Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

End of last year they had those 40% off codes and they worked on preorders. I got the sly bundle, Nina bundle, spiritual jazz bundle, Waylon and impulse anthologies and more at 40% off. The codes this year have excluded preorders. That code even worked on the Grateful Dead box at one point
I know they did some refunding to folks who ordered Nina that went on sale efore all preorders had shipped.

Are you saying that they would refund if you ordered and then they did a code? Or do you have to cancel and reorder?

Not that it matters too much to me. With a couple of exceptions I’ve only bought from them with codes

I always gave Bandbox the benefit of the doubt up until recently, but if what the guy on reddit thread is saying is true about the company then some people should be held criminally liable for fraud. Seems like one big grift to me. Maybe the intentions were good to begin with this company with but shit hit the fan, yet they continued lying and committing fraud.

I always gave Bandbox the benefit of the doubt up until recently, but if what the guy on reddit thread is saying is true about the company then some people should be held criminally liable for fraud. Seems like one big grift to me. Maybe the intentions were good to begin with this company with but shit hit the fan, yet they continued lying and committing fraud.
Yeah, based on one of those comments, it sounds like the CEO is a real POS.

Last edited:
Yep. Seems like they kept digging themselves into a hole and either thinking one more sale would keep them afloat for a bit longer. But I’m just kinda curious where those seven figures of sales went if nobody seems to have been paid…

The fact that a number of their creditors are loan companies was not a great sign and most of them have way more clout than we do unfortunately.

I know they did some refunding to folks who ordered Nina that went on sale efore all preorders had shipped.

Are you saying that they would refund if you ordered and then they did a code? Or do you have to cancel and reorder?

Not that it matters too much to me. With a couple of exceptions I’ve only bought from them with codes
It’s been my experience that yes, they will refund the price difference if a sale happens on something you have ordered and it has not shipped yet. For both In stock or preorders. Obviously it needs to be a current sale (I.e. you can’t go to them right now and say you want them to refund the 40% off love40 code for something you ordered last month).

You can also just cancel and reorder if you don’t wanna risk a sell out while CS works through their queue.

giphy.gif

Back