Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

They just sent this:
Hey, fellow record collector
You are receiving this email because you pre-ordered at least one of our exclusives pressings by The Long Winters. These albums are still delayed but we are happy to share that they will start shipping early March. If you have additional questions, please feel free to reply back to this email.

We appreciate your patience and your business.

-Team Bandbox

I’ve been cautiously optimistic about this company for the past year or so, but it really does feel like the end is very near.

In the past week they’ve “Sold Out” of several of their newer announced records (The Used, The Beth’s, a couple of the Taking Back Sunday titles) and earlier today they completely removed the new Yo La Tengo listing and their The Jayhawks exclusive.

I’ve been cautiously optimistic about this company for the past year or so, but it really does feel like the end is very near.

In the past week they’ve “Sold Out” of several of their newer announced records (The Used, The Beth’s, a couple of the Taking Back Sunday titles) and earlier today they completely removed the new Yo La Tengo listing and their The Jayhawks exclusive.
1708131676435.gif

Has anybody who pre-ordered the Yo La Tengo gotten a cancellation email or refund? I'm curious if they're just not gonna do that one now or if they'll maybe try to press what was ordered and leave it at that. I hadn't ordered it yet myself, but I am genuinely curious how that might play out as I've never really seen anything like this happen before. In any case, the silence (outside of that Long Winters update) is pretty crazy right now.

Yes lack of response is the opposite of our beloved Pam. I think anyone who has recently purchased (in last few months) has a good chance of chargeback. Those who were using their endless credit from the promotion years ago I think have less hope of anything.
I wonder about those of us who were suckers and took advantage of the too-good-to-be-true gift card deal will fare. I bought $80 and ordered 8 or 9 records with them. I received 3 LPs, so I got something, but LPs that I was happy to pick up for $9–Owen and Bright Eyes nostalgic picks—would not have interested me if I had known I’d be paying $27 for them.

Just waiting for the email...
the-office-pam-beesly.gif

Back