Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Realized I got the test pressing order email from bandbox on 10/17 but no actual movement on it. They must just be putting it into the system now and not actually shipping them out yet…

Got both Mt Joy's for $45 shipped. Haven't used my gift card in months so I figured why not. Hard to say no at these prices. Part of me wants to pick up the The Long Winters but really not sure how much I would listen to them even though I like some of their catalog.

Last edited:

The just-announced benefit album The Faithful: A Tribute to Marianne Faithfull, featuring Iggy Pop, Cat Power, Shirley Manson, Tanya Donelly and Peaches, is on Bandbox exclusive pink + white hand poured vinyl!

Everyone involved with this 2xLP tribute record has graciously and enthusiastically donated their talent, time and energy so that all proceeds, from In The Q Records and the Women of Rock Oral History Project, go directly to the British Invasion hitmaker as she recovers from Long COVID.

The Faithful sports 19 spirited selections from Marianne's songbook, including Tracy Bonham's take on 1964 chart-topper "As Tears Go By," a duet of her arrangement of "Working Class Hero" between Cat Power and Iggy Pop plus Shirley Manson (Garbage) and Peaches' cover of 1979's "Why D'Ya Do It." The project's first single, "This Little Bird" by Tanya Donelly (Belly, Throwing Muses) and the Parkington Sisters, is now streaming.

"I am grateful to the wonderful artists who contributed to this tribute album - that they identify with my art, and that it has moved them in some way, in their own lives, means so much to me. Their interpretations of songs that I have recorded and performed over the course of my 60-plus year career is incredibly moving," says Marianne. She's interviewed in her issue of Bandbox's signature fanzine, as are many of the artists involved with The Faithful.

The Faithful: A Tribute to Marianne Faithfull, limited to 500 copies with all proceeds going to the singer, is now available at bandboxrocks.com for $44.99.

Back