Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

I just got my test pressing...Jeremy Messersmith - The Silver City. Which is great...and also odd...because I ordered it from them and have yet to receive the normal version...but here I am with the test pressing. Pretty cool though - I'm glad I got something that I like!

I just got my test pressing...Jeremy Messersmith - The Silver City. Which is great...and also odd...because I ordered it from them and have yet to receive the normal version...but here I am with the test pressing. Pretty cool though - I'm glad I got something that I like!
Test pressings are generally made before the run of the album is pressed, so it’s not really that weird.

Received the Free Range album today. Fucking awesome. Definitely hits the spot for me. Sounds damn good too. I’ll go out on a limb and say Sophia Jensen is the real deal. Fits perfectly within the Boygenius groove.
Cross-post from What's Spinning thread (because I thought I was posting it here!).

Anyone else who picked up this album notice a recording flaw on the first track? It's like the power went out on the recording equipment for a split second, then came back on and they just kept going. Or like something briefly impedes the spinning of your turntable platter. Everything slows and the pitch drops, then it resumes at normal speed. I purchased the digital album from bandcamp and it's the same. Weird. This was one of the first records I played on my new-to-me Garrard 401 turntable and I almost passed out when this happened, thinking it was a sign of doom for the relic (especially since I'd been making a lot of adjustments trying to get it to run at the right speed).

Right about at 2:17, first track.

Back