Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Yup...their first jazz release, it appears
pretty interesting because there haven’t been many pressings of this album (Discogs). This would be the first since 72 unless I’m not looking in the right place and my quick 4AM google search doesn’t produce results for a wider release. Seems to be a very good option to me this month!

@mapsandlegends just got the Alt-J--wondering if you guys recut this or used existing plates? it sounds great to me and seems to have different deadwax to other reissues of it out there.

also curious to know if you have any pressing specs for that Iapetus! i'll be buying it either way but inquiring minds want to know :)

really glad you guys are reissuing some albums that seem exclusive to you outside of just a color variant! killing it with the latest album choices.

All you writers out there.

In 2023, Bandbox will release as many colored vinyl records (across a wide variety of genres) as we did in the previous three years combined. Naturally, since we go the extra mile and pair each Bandbox exclusive pressing with a deep-dive fanzine about the artist, we're now looking to add to our team of freelancers!

Could that mean you, o hallowed wordsmith?

As a Bandbox scribe, you'll be responsible for contributing original content to our zines. Sometimes, this gig even involves interviewing your favorite musicians! Your creativity, diverse perspective, and unique voice will help curate the reading and listening experience for our thousands of loyal subscribers and customers.

If interested in working for Bandbox, please submit a music writing sample (new or previously exisiting) to write@bandboxrocks.com by Sunday, January 15.

All you writers out there.

In 2023, Bandbox will release as many colored vinyl records (across a wide variety of genres) as we did in the previous three years combined. Naturally, since we go the extra mile and pair each Bandbox exclusive pressing with a deep-dive fanzine about the artist, we're now looking to add to our team of freelancers!

Could that mean you, o hallowed wordsmith?

As a Bandbox scribe, you'll be responsible for contributing original content to our zines. Sometimes, this gig even involves interviewing your favorite musicians! Your creativity, diverse perspective, and unique voice will help curate the reading and listening experience for our thousands of loyal subscribers and customers.

If interested in working for Bandbox, please submit a music writing sample (new or previously exisiting) to write@bandboxrocks.com by Sunday, January 15.
@NewsFedora

i'd assume it's paid since they say freelance...whether or not it's WELL paying is probably a different question....I'm sure if you reached out to them directly they would let you know.
Thanks yeah. I've had a handful of "free" freelance writing gigs over the years that pay in product, bylines, and/or screeners, etc. So I'm always a bit wary of things unless pay is explicitly covered. Sadly, I'm also the sort of person who feels very awkward just reaching out to ask about it. I'll just suck it up and see.

Thanks yeah. I've had a handful of "free" freelance writing gigs over the years that pay in product and/or screeners, etc. So I'm always a bit wary of things unless pay is explicitly covered. Sadly, I'm also the sort of person who feels very awkward just reaching out to ask about it. I'll just suck it up and see.
yea--could also be true! can always ask in your email with sample what the compensation is. don't see why they would mind especially if you wouldn't do it if there's no financial comp.

@mapsandlegends just got the Alt-J--wondering if you guys recut this or used existing plates? it sounds great to me and seems to have different deadwax to other reissues of it out there.

also curious to know if you have any pressing specs for that Iapetus! i'll be buying it either way but inquiring minds want to know :)

really glad you guys are reissuing some albums that seem exclusive to you outside of just a color variant! killing it with the latest album choices.
Glad to hear it! Appreciate the kind words. Plenty more of those unique-to-us releases coming this year. We used existing plates for alt-J. What specific info are you looking for RE: Iapetus?

Back