Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Thoughts on the Beach Bunny pic? I had never heard of them, just gave a listen on spotify and am on the fence. They REALLY remind me of Alvaays, a band I enjoy, but not quite as good.

I don't mean this in any way other than "isn't it weird how two people can hear the same things and not have the same experience," but I have never been reminded of Alvvays at all while listening to Beach Bunny, and even after reading this I still don't hear it.

I don't mean this in any way other than "isn't it weird how two people can hear the same things and not have the same experience," but I have never been reminded of Alvvays at all while listening to Beach Bunny, and even after reading this I still don't hear it.
That’s so funny, literally within the first minute I thought I know this band!! It’s Alvvays!! Or wait, Best Coast??

I actually kind of like it, just not sure I need it.

1619530171355.png

Paused my subscription -- none of the current choices are really worth the markup, IMO. e.g., Literally every Mountain Goats release (other than that one exclusive that sold out and does in fact look great) is available for cheaper via either amazon or the band's own bandcamp page. I do like their service and the website has gotten easier to navigate than the first time I bought something from them (easily more than a year ago...I think it was new order) and the selection has gotten a lot wider (The new pumas exclusive stuff was tempting actually).

Thoughts on the Beach Bunny pic? I had never heard of them, just gave a listen on spotify and am on the fence. They REALLY remind me of Alvaays, a band I enjoy, but not quite as good.
ymmv, but Honeymoon was one of my most listened to albums last year. It's emotionally vulnerable pity pop that speaks to my inner emo kid, and in a perfectly concise 25 minutes.

Paused my subscription -- none of the current choices are really worth the markup, IMO. e.g., Literally every Mountain Goats release (other than that one exclusive that sold out and does in fact look great) is available for cheaper via either amazon or the band's own bandcamp page. I do like their service and the website has gotten easier to navigate than the first time I bought something from them (easily more than a year ago...I think it was new order) and the selection has gotten a lot wider (The new pumas exclusive stuff was tempting actually).
Glad you're liking the new website, and thanks for sticking around! We've got two more exclusives announcing in the next three weeks, so hopefully there will be something else that strikes your fancy soon.

My Mountain Goats LP has been sitting in Memphis for 10 days. God I can't stand the USPS. Hopefully it arrives someday.

Got my Peter Hook vinyl yesterday and am very pleased. The color and package turned out great, the sound is good for a live album and the vinyl is dead silent. Bonus points for a successful transplant of the numbered sticker to an outer sleeve.

1620932154895.png

View attachment 99231

oh I love Scott!

1621517519857.png

Back