Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

So that would imply that they made their way from Bandbox's warehouse to Amazon :unsure:
The release was made and the pics were added 3 months ago by someone who had it. It has been in people's collections awhile--I'd briefly made a comment there in early Feb there confused as to how these people had it in their collections, but then I remembered about the shipping without the zine and deleted it. There"s also this comment:
"ultraviolence. Mar 7, 2024
I did receive my copy, after emailing multiple times and asking to get it without the zine, I got mine in January"

Last edited:
Some updates I’ve seen.

*stuff like Barbie and The Used being sold elsewhere are likely due to them being pressed but not shipped to bandbox’s warehouse. So it’s possible the labels paid the vendors for the records and now they are for sale elsewhere.

* Looks like the Alvvays records were never pressed as the pressing plant wasn’t paid the deposit.

*The Presidents of the United States of America - The Presidents of the USA (Bandbox Exclusive Gold Nugget Vinyl)
And The Presidents of the United States of America - Froggystyle (Bandbox Exclusive Yellow Swirl Vinyl) were both apparently on the bandbox inventory list. The other PUSA albums weren’t on the list so they either were never pressed or were and never got sent to bandbox

Some updates I’ve seen.

*stuff like Barbie and The Used being sold elsewhere are likely due to them being pressed but not shipped to bandbox’s warehouse. So it’s possible the labels paid the vendors for the records and now they are for sale elsewhere.

* Looks like the Alvvays records were never pressed as the pressing plant wasn’t paid the deposit.

*The Presidents of the United States of America - The Presidents of the USA (Bandbox Exclusive Gold Nugget Vinyl)
And The Presidents of the United States of America - Froggystyle (Bandbox Exclusive Yellow Swirl Vinyl) were both apparently on the bandbox inventory list. The other PUSA albums weren’t on the list so they either were never pressed or were and never got sent to bandbox

Damn that PUSA info is going to make a lot of people sad, not that this situation isn’t terrible already.

Damn that PUSA info is going to make a lot of people sad, not that this situation isn’t terrible already.
Well if they got pressed and weren’t sent to bandbox that could potentially be good news. Seems like Echobase has a bunch of titles that aren’t technically property of bandbox since they never paid. They didn’t do PUSA but if someone else did it’s possible that they will work with the band to still try to get those into the hands of customers

i feel kinda weird about the TMBG record.... i should like them because i like other similar weird acts and homestar runner nostalgia... but i dunno something about their sound doesn't sound right to me... i might have to PIF or sell it
they are definitely an acquired taste, and although I like them a lot, I don't like all their stuff and I have to be in the mood for it. Lincoln is a great one though IMO. if you do decide to get rid of it, ping me, I was on the fence about getting it for a long time

they are definitely an acquired taste, and although I like them a lot, I don't like all their stuff and I have to be in the mood for it. Lincoln is a great one though IMO. if you do decide to get rid of it, ping me, I was on the fence about getting it for a long time
i guess i might make you the honorary PIF getter if i find a shipper and decide to go against it.. i guess i prefer my theatrics a bit less exotic and more emo...

When Jason from PUSA is going to reddit for answers on the location of the supposedly pressed PUSA records, you know it isn't a good situation. I know I joke about it but this is a really shitty situation for bands and customers alike.
I saw his post and messaged him but he just needs to contact Lighthouse as they are managing the assets. From what I've seen, only self-titled and Froggystyle were actually pressed.

Back