[Aug] Master RSD 2020 Wantlist / Help Thread (August Edition)

Ladies and gents, I think I want that Tyler album. Anyone have any leads? I know they are likely sold out everywhere, etc. No expectations of anything, but let me know if something pops up! I never saw one in the wild - just the instrumental version. I'm sure others may be looking too , so put me in line. Thanks in advance!

Ladies and gents, I think I want that Tyler album. Anyone have any leads? I know they are likely sold out everywhere, etc. No expectations of anything, but let me know if something pops up! I never saw one in the wild - just the instrumental version. I'm sure others may be looking too , so put me in line. Thanks in advance!
Isn’t one of them RSD First and not an exclusive? Couldn’t remember if it’s the instrumentals or the album itself. I’ll keep an eye out. It seems that the prices were falling on discogs last time I looked but it’s still pricey secondhand for now.

Did you find another copy or are you still looking?
I should revisit it before I commit, but I would probably be interested if there's an extant copy laying about. It could have been some FOMO power when I bought it...

That's a bummer. I think so far I've only received one of the RSD titles I ordered (Ron Carter), but nothing's been canceled.....yet.
Damn. I’ve gotten a good chunk of mine so far. The weird thing is I ordered two orders from Toad Hall within a few minutes of each other. I wanted to pounce on one record I thought would sell out then added 3 more. One arrived last week and the other is trapped in media mail hell. It seems I have quite a lot of records arriving today though.

I should revisit it before I commit, but I would probably be interested if there's an extant copy laying about. It could have been some FOMO power when I bought it...

A shop In Middletown, PA had one six days ago. They said they only ship if you spend $50. I can reach out or give you their contact if you want.

A shop In Middletown, PA had one six days ago. They said they only ship if you spend $50. I can reach out or give you their contact if you want.
I found them on Fakebook, I think - KT? Looks like it was $30 in the flip video.

Not arriving for a couple more days. How’s it sound?

Based on what I heard when I streamed it on Spotify, it’s better than I expected it to sound. I wasn’t familiar with the Vampisoul label, so I didn’t really get my hopes up. The cover isn’t anything special and my inner sleeve was split but I’m very happy with the record itself. The drums, trumpets, vocals, piano etc all sound pretty fantastic on my setup. Hope yours arrives soon and you’re as happy with it as I am!

EDIT: I think the best descriptor for how it sounds would be, “boogalicious.”

Back