[Aug] Master RSD 2020 Wantlist / Help Thread (August Edition)

@askchucky @serotonein

There are a few dizzy gillespie / charlie parker releases on ebay right now. A couple of them are the CDs though, so be careful! But it looks like there are 2 auctions (with 4 days left for bids) for the LPs right now that are sitting at $41 right now. I'm watching them, but I have a feeling they'll get bid up higher than I'm willing to spend over the next day or two.

There's also an auction that ends around 2pm ET today for one of the LPs at $76.

Not sure how much you're willing to spend, but it seems like this release is REALLY hard to find. Looks like discogs has four copies but the cheapest is $125.

Yeah, I've decided to just sit it out for a few months and either prices come down or they don't. I'd like the album but thankfully not such a Dizzy/Bird collector that I need it for that much $$$. I'm doing the same for Monk.

all good! Yes, i ordered a copy - it looks like it’s still available, too. It seems a little suspicious since it was so hard to find anywhere else, but it seems like there’s also mixed signals over whether this was supposed to be part of the august or september rsd drops. Hoping that my order isn’t cancelled!
I got a shipping notice tonight!

Got my D-sides from Luna records yesterday. Damn that’s a heavy package. Can’t wait to spin it sounds like feedback has been positive!

I posted this in the other thread, but I might have a lead on the Denzel Curry 7" for $7.98 plus shipping. Is anyone still looking?

**I think we cleaned them out. I'll keep my eye on it.**
I was actually

EDIT : but did @apassant already get a copy? Want them to get it before anyone else

Last edited:
I was actually

EDIT : but did @apassant already get a copy? Want them to get it before anyone else
Many thanks!
Actually I found one too (I need to update the post). It's on its way but it will probably take a while to reach me as international post services are very slow since the end of the lockdown. So I'll let you know.
Looks to me like he did.

Thanks for looking out for me. I found a copy a couple of days ago through a link via @MikeH and it shipped. That reminds me that I should update my want list in this thread.

I am still on the hunt for Wipers - Is This Real though.
There is a regular version of this, right? I saw a bunch of them at wooden tooth records in Tucson but they were not in the record store day section so I do not think they are at the record store day version. If there is only one version, then they have some

Is anyone interested in the Nat Turner Rebellion release?
I bought it as an impulse buy without thinking, it's essentially the same as the VMP release.
Happy to sell at cost, don't want to hassle my local store with a return.
DM me if interested

Back