Audio Killed the Visual Star: The August 2023 Vinyl Challenge

30. Class of 3000

Gonna take you back to July 2007 for this one. Season one of Class of 3000 had already aired and my kids and I loved it - the story, animation, and music was definitely a throwback to 70's Saturday morning fare with a modern twist.

San Diego Comic Con schedule comes out, and Andre 3000 is gonna be there on a Class of 3000 panel. We wait in line an ungodly amount of time, but are able to get in the room for the panel, its packed. At the end of the panel they hand out passes to go by the Cartoon Network booth and get a copy of the soundtrack signed by Andre and other members of the cast.

Here's the pic of my daughter from that day (in her Katara cosplay from Avatar the Last Airbender) and the signed CD that I'm spinning for today.

100_1240.jpeg

Class of 3000 Soundtrack

IMG_2909.jpeg

27. BREAK: play a TV show soundtrack (or a record featured in a show)

Various – The X-Files - Songs In The Key Of X
View attachment 181119

Been hoping for a vinyl press of this one for so long!

There were a lot of absolutely garbage soundtracks pumped out in this era, but this was not one of them. As a huge fan of the show and of music, this did such a great job of appeasing both. The content and packaging all felt perfect for the show and the blend of artists was quite masterful in a time when often it was a label throwing a bunch of names on a page in hopes of making money. I remain thankful all these years later for this collection introducing me to Soul Coughing and Nick Cave, the Foo Fighters cover of "Down in the Park" is still one of my favourite things they've ever recorded, I spent HOURS trying to unlock the mystery of "Nick Cave and the Dirty Three would like you to know that "0" is also a number," - and HOLY SHIT was my mind blown when I finally figured it out!

This is making me so happy right now, and bringing back a LOT of memories...

Back