Arrakis? More like Ar-ROCK-is! The April 2024 Record-Spinning Challenge Thread

Fun Fact: Gila Monsters are one of the few species of venomous lizards in the world.

Mega Fun Fact: its venom has been used in the development of revolutionary weight loss medication Ozempic.

Other fun facts (I used to live in Arizona)- they bite like bulldogs and once they clamp on are extremely difficult to get off.

They're also protected in AZ, so messing with them in any way means fines and/or jail time, but they're so chill that you generally would have to really be messing with them to get bit.

Day 4: Muad'Dib

Curtis Mayfield
- Curtis

IMG_8473.jpeg

A legendary singer, writer & arranger as well as a great producer, as seen with his solo work alongside the Impressions’ late-60s albums, the Baby Huey album & the run of female-led soundtracks he produced in the mid-70s (“Claudine” by Gladys Knight & The Pips, “Let’s Do It Again” by the Staple Singers & “Sparkle” by Aretha Franklin)!

Day 06: Stillsuits
Play an album so long that you wish you had a special suit to prevent the need for bathroom trips.

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
IMG_3352.jpeg
I have plenty of live albums that’d fit the bill but I wanted to choose an actual studio album. So I chose the best 3xLP studio album I had in my collection.

6 - Stillsuits: Play an album so long that you wish you had a special suit to prevent the need for bathroom trips.

The The "The Comeback Special - Live At Royal Albert Hall" (2021 Cinéola)
Triple LP live show, fantastic recording, superb pressing, all banger no filler. Get this if you come across it.

IMG_1101.JPG

6 - Stillsuits: Play an album so long that you wish you had a special suit to prevent the need for bathroom trips.

The Appleseed Cast - Low Level Owl

Originally released in two volumes on CD, this one's three full slabs of vinyl.

View attachment 199769
I saw them perform this in full in Denver to a crowd of maybe 80. It was a killer show.

Back