Arrakis? More like Ar-ROCK-is! The April 2024 Record-Spinning Challenge Thread

1 - The Voice: Play something that compels you to move.

Well, since I'm restocking and have the TT back up, stocking records compels me to move. Back and forth. A lot. So I'll go with item #1, top left.

View attachment 199281
Filling that in top first gives me anxiety, but since I think I remember you saying you've got it bolted to the wall it's probably not as unsteady as I'd fear.

1 - The Voice: Play something that compels you to move.

I'm traveling for work and away from my turntable, but I haven't been able to complete many of these challenges this year so I'm going to try. Apologies for the streaming.

Ghostland Observatory - delete.delete.i.eat.meat

I've resolved myself to the depressing fact that I'll never get this album on vinyl. But I've seen them several times and hands down the best two person live get your ass moving shows of my life.

Delete_delete_i_eat_meat.jpg

Filling that in top first gives me anxiety, but since I think I remember you saying you've got it bolted to the wall it's probably not as unsteady as I'd fear.
It started to worry me too. Even though it's securely affixed to the wall I still am hustling to get it filled. Almost done, hopefully after work today.

It started to worry me too. Even though it's securely affixed to the wall I still am hustling to get it filled. Almost done, hopefully after work today.
Can confirm that if it is anchored, it’s fine.
IMG_6711.jpeg
Also if you are doing 5x5s and not anchoring them, you are asking for trouble.

2 - Spice: Play something that helps you see beyond the stars.

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica

"Well the universe is shaped exactly like the Earth / If you go straight long enough, you end up where you were..."

"The stars are projectors, yeah / Projecting our lives down to this planet earth."

Etc...

20230604_160321-jpg.174432

2 - Spice: Play something that helps you see beyond the stars.

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica

"Well the universe is shaped exactly like the Earth / If you go straight long enough, you end up where you were..."

"The stars are projectors, yeah / Projecting our lives down to this planet earth."

Etc...

20230604_160321-jpg.174432
This was my first thought 😍

Back