Anyone had a pressing take your cart four wheeling?

Wow. I hope they will replace that.

Back around 2019-2020 I was consistently getting bad pressings from Optimal. They all had the same issue with a rumble type of edge warp. Like speed bumps during the first few minutes of a record. I had this issue with replacements I got from the UK and from Amazon...so it wasn't just from one company. What is weird is that I didn't see anyone else complaining about it, but I got at least 5 or 6 records that had this issue. My issue made them not playable, but even with what you got going on that you should get a replacement.

Last edited:
Just now spinning the replacement. It's playing through, but it's still REALLY making the cart work. Same track. It's so unusual. I'm going to keep this copy, but boy is this strange. I'm going to try it on our UTurn downstairs next and see if a lesser table can track it.

Just now spinning the replacement. It's playing through, but it's still REALLY making the cart work. Same track. It's so unusual. I'm going to keep this copy, but boy is this strange. I'm going to try it on our UTurn downstairs next and see if a lesser table can track it.
I've had a few GZ presses that have these almost like tight micro warps on them that kinda do that but only like on one or two spots per revolution, not the entire time. My guess is it's GZ just GZing the hell outta it. If there's a way to fuck up a pressing, GZ will find it. And if it doesn't exist yet, they'll invent it.

Well here's something fascinating. The Grado (Green maybe?) on that table had no issues tracking and didn't have nearly as much movement. Not sure what to make of that other than maybe the UD is finding issues deep in the groove that the Grado can't reach. And those movements being exasperated by the longer arm on the UD allowing for more movement. The lighting in that room also allowed for a unique view on the problem area though. Here's some fun videos of this replacement pressing.

Showing that the issues carry though on both sides

Well here's something fascinating. The Grado (Green maybe?) on that table had no issues tracking and didn't have nearly as much movement. Not sure what to make of that other than maybe the UD is finding issues deep in the groove that the Grado can't reach. And those movements being exasperated by the longer arm on the UD allowing for more movement. The lighting in that room also allowed for a unique view on the problem area though. Here's some fun videos of this replacement pressing.

Showing that the issues carry though on both sides

That first video looks like you're spinning a fucking hubcap. Like I said, if it doesn't exist, they'll invent it. Like seriously how do you even do that? Like 8 identical edge warps all perfectly spaced around the record...

That first video looks like you're spinning a fucking hubcap. Like I said, if it doesn't exist, they'll invent it. Like seriously how do you even do that? Like 8 identical edge warps all perfectly spaced around the record...

I was going to mention something to that effect. The reflection off the record in the first video clearly shows that the vinyl has a bunch of little waves.

Back