Anime And/Or Manga!

ok, the Wano arc of One Piece has officially concluded now, and yea, this was unfortunately the worst arc in the entire manga… 😬

now that we’re getting into final saga territory, im hopeful the quality of the story will reach back to the exciting highs of the Alabasta, Enjes Lobby, and Marineford arcs. but reading the atrocity that was the Wano arc for four years now has me a bit worried lol
I still have a few volumes left to catch up on, but I haven't been enjoying it a bunch either. Way too languidly paced, and too many characters.

Interested to see how the end starts to pan out (weird even thinking that because this is the only manga I really keep up with and I've been reading since middle school (!!!))
It would have been fine if they hadn't made it so long. I'm already not a fan of when anything tacks on a samurai theme in the middle of something that doesn't need it, but to make it run for longer than a lot of other full runs of manga's/shows? I want my pirate media to be pirate media. I'll be so glad once they've moved on.

Idk it's been a minute since I posted here. I watched preeetty much all of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders, Diamond Is Unbreakable, Golden Wind, and I read Steel Ball Run. I'll start Stone Ocean when the full series is out on Dec 2nd and read Jojolion at some point next year...trying to pace myself since this is kinda it until Jojolands

Also started One Piece. I'm about 10% of the way in and they just made it to Arabasta. Really I'd say both shows are fucking excellent and filled with entertaining characters, though Jojo seems to be holding my attention more

This is going to be a stacked season for anime! Spy x Family and Mob Psycho 100 III recently dropped a few new episodes, and Chainsaw Man just dropped, which has been a trip so far after 2 episodes. Watched Mother's Basement's Fall Anime episode yesterday, and there's a lot of new stuff that I don't know, but seems interesting.

Also, if you haven't checked out Cyberpunk Edgerunners and are into that sort of thing, I highly recommend it. There's a reason the game hit it's all time peak on Steam recently.

I've watched the first three episodes of the new MHA season, and man, is it slow starting. And they're spreading out focus more, so Midoriya has barely been in an episode. I hope it picks up, I care less about the story of "what's going on in the world" and more about how Midoriya develops as a hero. I know it'll get there, but oof.

I need to catch up with One Piece. It's my fave, but man, Wano arc was terrible.

Cyberpunk was amazing. Up there with Arcane for game to animation adaptations. Even if you don't care about those respective games, the shows are well worth watching.

I've watched the first three episodes of the new MHA season, and man, is it slow starting. And they're spreading out focus more, so Midoriya has barely been in an episode. I hope it picks up, I care less about the story of "what's going on in the world" and more about how Midoriya develops as a hero. I know it'll get there, but oof.
i dont read/watch my hero, but i am actually the opposite with this. i like when a series shifts the focus away from the main character and lets other characters take the spotlight for a bit.

it’s a big criticism i have for one piece now, bc the series cant go more than 3 chapters without luffy being present in some way or another. it’s tolerable, but just barely

Just stopping by to say that if you haven't watched it yet, Mob Psycho 100 just wrapped up the series with one of the best endings I've seen in anime, and I confidently say it is among my all time favorites. It's 38 episodes across 3 seasons and tells a wonderful, empowering story about self acceptance. Can't recommend it enough.

Just stopping by to say that if you haven't watched it yet, Mob Psycho 100 just wrapped up the series with one of the best endings I've seen in anime, and I confidently say it is among my all time favorites. It's 38 episodes across 3 seasons and tells a wonderful, empowering story about self acceptance. Can't recommend it enough.
One of my students recommended this to me a couple weeks ago. Might need to try and give it a watch before the next semester starts.

I watched the first season, I need to catch the rest. that studio goes so extra with their animation sometimes and I love it.

I watched the first season, I need to catch the rest. that studio goes so extra with their animation sometimes and I love it.
Studio Bones does a killer job throughout the whole series. Absolutely gorgeous visuals, especially with the fight scenes and displays of psychic power.

It's anyone watching Alice in Borderland? I just rewatched season one in preparation for season two. Even the wife was kind of getting into it at parts. I'm happy they made another season. Season one was good even on the rewatch.

What did you think? Kind of messed me up a bit when I first saw it at 14.
If I had watched at 14, it definitely would have messed me up more. Knew it was going to be wild so I was prepped, though. Mainly just bummed me out lol but i thought it ruled, very audacious and admirably antagonistic of its audience. Still looks gorgeous too. Nothing else really like it out there.

I wanted to start a new anime, so I started FMA Brotherhood (I enjoyed the manga as a middle schooler so figured a nice trip down memory lane). Felt so kiddy in comparios to Eva though. Need something heftier probably.

Back