Amp cuts out using headphones

Welp, just had a new weirdness happen. Streaming through the aux port on the front I turned the volume down all the way and it shut down. Didn't blow a fuse though. Powered it back up and got a continuous flashing blue power button light. Check the manual, nothing for flashing blue light.
Power off and on again and it's working fine. Can't replicate it.
I have a call into Nad.

Welp, the Pyle is doing its job, barely. It's not exactly refined and its making my head hurt. We'll see what comes.
Let it breakin... (just kidding 😊

After you get its use here, send it back for a refund or use your credit towards a ART DJpreII (about the bare minimum of what I would use for backup when needed)

Ok, so ive been spinning for 2.5 hours nonstop and no weirdness or cut offs. I'm going to keep running this little thing through the weekend spinning on my usual schedule.
I think if nothing happens it's safe to say the Vincent is the problem.
Oh and believe it or not but there was definitely some break in with this thing!

Let it breakin... (just kidding 😊

After you get its use here, send it back for a refund or use your credit towards a ART DJpreII (about the bare minimum of what I would use for backup when needed)
For $17, it’s hard to fault the Pyle as a diagnostic tool versus as a backup. I’m pretty sure that Darlington has reasonable delivery times!

Welp, the Pyle is doing its job, barely. It's not exactly refined and its making my head hurt. We'll see what comes.
The Pyle PP-999 is notably better than your 555, in that it has a flatter frequency response.
When we say we've evaluated our competitors "fully", that includes a 200x price range, and it includes **3** Pyle units, the PP-444, PP-555, and PP-999.
A **regulated** 24VDC power supply may help on your Pyle (we've determined it would on the 999). See our "Beginners" page tab.

Last edited:
Ok, so ive been spinning for 2.5 hours nonstop and no weirdness or cut offs. I'm going to keep running this little thing through the weekend spinning on my usual schedule.
I think if nothing happens it's safe to say the Vincent is the problem.
Oh and believe it or not but there was definitely some break in with this thing!
So is a Darlington on the shopping list, now?

The Pyle PP-999 is notably better than your 555, in that it has a flatter frequency response.
When we say we've evaluated our competitors "fully", that includes a 200x price range, and it includes **3** Pyle units, the PP-444, PP-555, and PP-999.
A **regulated** 24VDC power supply may help on your Pyle (we've determined it would on the 999). See our "Beginners" page tab.
I couldn't live with it any longer and ordered one of your fine products 👍

Do you think it's worth trying to get the PHO 8 repaired, I mean it would be a tricky one to explain or could it just be a compatibility problem 🤔
You could try. A visual inspection might confirm my suspicion of a bad capacitor. Something leaking or bulging would be a tell tale sign without a test meter. The issue is likely in the power supply chassis.

Back