Amp cuts out using headphones

This is a wild hair, but have you tried changing the RCA cable from the NAD to the Magni? Bad cables can cause weird problems.
Oh, the Magni isn't connected anymore. This is happening during normal playback and I have tried different cables.

Yeah, tried 3 different line inputs for the phono.
I have my laptop connected via the mp input on the front by 3.5 aux for streaming.
if it's on all of your inputs I might suspect your phono stage, or at least a issue between it and the NAD. Can you use the internal NAD phono stage for a few days just to see if any of these issues still pop up ?

if it's on all of your inputs I might suspect your phono stage, or at least a issue between it and the NAD. Can you use the internal NAD phono stage for a few days just to see if any of these issues still pop up ?
That's a good idea. Gonna give it a try right now. I'm onto my last new fuse 😐.

@Englishbob I think @JohnnyCashFan may be onto something here. If DC current is leaking from the PHO-8 power supply into the audio circuit, neither the Vincent nor the NAD would be happy.

If it’s only happening when listening to records, this leads me to believe the NAD is fine and it’s blowing fuses to protect itself. It may have no fault at all. Try a different phono stage.

@Englishbob I think @JohnnyCashFan may be onto something here. If DC current is leaking from the PHO-8 power supply into the audio circuit, neither the Vincent nor the NAD would be happy.

If it’s only happening when listening to records, this leads me to believe the NAD is fine and it’s blowing fuses to protect itself. It may have no fault at all. Try a different phono stage.
Neither the Plx or Nad have a phono stage I don't think..?

Yeah, that might be less expensive than shipping for my spare Parasound Zphono. DM me if you still need a loaner.
I appreciate the offer. If it turns out the Vincent is the problem it may just push me over the edge to do business with Darlington Labs!
Always a brightside! 😁

Yeah, that might be less expensive than shipping for my spare Parasound Zphono. DM me if you still need a loaner.
I appreciate the offer. If it turns out the Vincent is the problem it may just push me over the edge to do business with Darlington Labs!
Always a brightside!

Back