Ambient / Noise / Lowercase / Field Recordings / etc.

Cross post from the Tunes From Asia :

Heartbeats Vinyl record shop owner introduced me to this beautiful compilation of Japanese ambient and synth-pop music, I am listening right now and find it very interesting. Set to be released by Tokyo-based label Jazzy Couscous, the collection features collaborations between Keizo Inoue and Ryuichi Sakamoto, guitarist Kazumi Watanabe and Nobuyoshi Ino, and a host of pivotal artists who used textured electronics to explore exotica-tinge dreamscapes. It begins with Takashi Kokubo’s ‘Underwater Dreaming’, whose A Dream Sails Out To Sea (Get At The Wave) is set for vinyl reissue. Volume two is being released on September 16th.

Kumo No Moko - A Journey Into 80s Japan's Ambient & Synth Pop Sound (Jazzy Couscous / 2018)

You read the title. Discuss all things ambient, noise (yes it's music smh), lowercase, field recordings, etc.
Fitting noise and lowercase and such in here because I don't think all of those in separate threads would get much replies, and I think they're somewhat similar genres.

Anyways, what albums or songs have you been enjoying?
Any good stuff from this year?
Anything you're looking forward to?

This is a really great ambient album from this year: https://pitp.bandcamp.com/album/from-here-to-eternity

On a 4xLP ltd. 150 box set:

View attachment 1080

Just finished this, it's a masterpiece. Will probably purchase the vinyl at one point.

Reactions: oak
I'll be here the next two nights. Hospital Productions is probably my favorite label and their showcase events are always awesome. Can't wait to see all these acts live but especially Skin Crime, Old Tower, Alberich and Geography of Hell. Junko is gonna be......interesting, as well. Harsh noise, FTW!

I'll be here the next two nights. Hospital Productions is probably my favorite label and their showcase events are always awesome. Can't wait to see all these acts live but especially Skin Crime, Old Tower, Alberich and Geography of Hell. Junko is gonna be......interesting, as well. Harsh noise, FTW!

View attachment 6315
You forgot to mention Silent Servant... :p

View attachment 6315

Man the Zebulon came into town and completely changed the LA music scene!

View attachment 6315

Also since your in LA

Also since your in LA

Awesome. Thank you!

You read the title. Discuss all things ambient, noise (yes it's music smh), lowercase, field recordings, etc.
Fitting noise and lowercase and such in here because I don't think all of those in separate threads would get much replies, and I think they're somewhat similar genres.

Anyways, what albums or songs have you been enjoying?
Any good stuff from this year?
Anything you're looking forward to?

This is a really great ambient album from this year: https://pitp.bandcamp.com/album/from-here-to-eternity

On a 4xLP ltd. 150 box set:

View attachment 1080

So major bummer. KBD is kinda an asshole and being unnecessarily mean to people online.

4E29BB94-5E36-4903-8DBF-E99FED293039.png

78C5CB27-6A24-497C-855B-4D6A7B0B6DE8.png
85A98A84-3259-4403-88D1-0726B9366294.png

I may cancel my pre-order idk...

• Sad
Reactions: oak
Damn, don't have a Twitter account. Seems serious though
yeah it seems like a lot going on and some stuff behind the scenes that we don't know yet. Even if it's not anything too serious attacking people who he's worked with in the past RAI and Benoit Pouilard is a bad look. You'd think that he'd own up and apologize but instead if doubling down. Also the email to RAF about his brother dying is a real bad look.

I had just listened to that album this morning and this is a huge bummer. I'm conflicted.

What a bummer...Album was one my wishlist one announced. Now I'm conflicted too and probably won't pull the triggee

Back