All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

am I crazy in thinking that someone was looking for Flightless Rats Nest variant here? I thought I saw that but can't find it, but Flightless is selling a limited amount of their ITRN variants, so if you missed out act quick!

am I crazy in thinking that someone was looking for Flightless Rats Nest variant here? I thought I saw that but can't find it, but Flightless is selling a limited amount of their ITRN variants, so if you missed out act quick!

From what I understand they are selling the Flightless presses on tour right now as well.

interesting bit of trivia, but my us retailer version (black and red split) does not make mention of ATO. (Full disclosure, I have not read the liner notes yet and cogs lists ATO as distributor, but their logo is absent)

Also, I love this album. Wonder about people who say it is kind of one note, it is super varied f or a thrash album and retain that gizzness while still working at the genre, in my opinion, in a way they have not accomplished with other genre conceots.
I just finished listening to it (and may listen to it again right away) on streaming.. still waiting for my Rat's Nest variant. anyway, I love this album the more I listen to it. I'm not going to lie but I was kinda disappointed with it after my first listen, it just seemed kinda same-ish to me and lacked personality. but now the songs are really starting to stand on their own as great tracks for me. and the narrative/theme of the album is nice and schlocky too, so that's pretty great as well!

interesting bit of trivia, but my us retailer version (black and red split) does not make mention of ATO. (Full disclosure, I have not read the liner notes yet and cogs lists ATO as distributor, but their logo is absent)
that's interesting. I know that the ATO online store has been selling small numbers of actual Flightless variants for certain releases but didn't think this would be one of those. I wonder if ATO is selling a unique Flightless variant or if ATO pressed these and didn't bother printing up a jacket with their logo on it.

that's interesting. I know that the ATO online store has been selling small numbers of actual Flightless variants for certain releases but didn't think this would be one of those. I wonder if ATO is selling a unique Flightless variant or if ATO pressed these and didn't bother printing up a jacket with their logo on it.
I checked Discogs and it looks to me that the only mention of ATO is on the barcode sticker on the cellophane (no pun intended), so unless you keep the plastic it seems there is no other mention of ATO.

I checked Discogs and it looks to me that the only mention of ATO is on the barcode sticker on the cellophane (no pun intended), so unless you keep the plastic it seems there is no other mention of ATO.

I think maybe they’re aware that the flightless presses are considered more valuable on the resale market so they’re trying to push their store exclusives as flightless presses as well. There’s lots of North American gizz fans (including myself) that still get the majority of their gizz albums all the way from flightless instead of ato. Seems to me like this is a trick to try and prevent that

I just finished listening to it (and may listen to it again right away) on streaming.. still waiting for my Rat's Nest variant. anyway, I love this album the more I listen to it. I'm not going to lie but I was kinda disappointed with it after my first listen, it just seemed kinda same-ish to me and lacked personality. but now the songs are really starting to stand on their own as great tracks for me. and the narrative/theme of the album is nice and schlocky too, so that's pretty great as well!
This has been my experience as well!

Baller move by Jason.
Hardly a baller move. Dude got caught for plagiarism and trying to pass others' artwork off as his own. Finally, after so many years, people on the internet figured it out. Now he makes some little post credited the original artist years later? Yeah, so noble of him. More like he is embarrassed that he got caught. Seriously, if you re an artist, writer, scientist, whatever, plagiarism is like the lowest of the low.

Also, my red/black split from ATO has a major edge warp. Plaidroom is sending me a replacement. Those guys run the best online shop for such a small record store. Their prices are always the lowest, they have a great selection, and excellent customer service.

Hardly a baller move. Dude got caught for plagiarism and trying to pass others' artwork off as his own. Finally, after so many years, people on the internet figured it out. Now he makes some little post credited the original artist years later? Yeah, so noble of him. More like he is embarrassed that he got caught. Seriously, if you re an artist, writer, scientist, whatever, plagiarism is like the lowest of the low.

That's not how I read it. It sounds to me like Jason expected people to catch the reference/homage and literally could not figure out who the original artist was until recently. I could definitely be incorrect, but the story rings true enough to me.

Back