All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I do wish MOTU was on two LPs, but I just haven’t been overly impressed with the few ATO pressings I have. The red version does look sharp though.

Listening to Polygondwanaland again today and thinking about how I don't own it on vinyl. The amount of pressings when that came out overwhelmed me so I never bought it.

Asking for suggested pressings on that one

Thanks
I have one of the first Fuzz Club variants, and I was highly impressed with it. Sounds great. The book/packaging is excellent. It’s really a prized possession in my collection. It was bold to deviate so far from the band’s album art, but I think they made great choices.

Next question is who pre ordered the box set and who did you go with?
Went with Fuzz Club based on my experience above. Excited to see what the final product looks like.

View attachment 177211

got the blood mist variant today
Same here. Listening now. Great sounding, quiet pressing. The drums really hit.

Converge has really grown on me. I still don’t like Supercell much. Witchcraft has went down a few pegs, as well. I feel like that odd-time drum beat would be used to better effect if used more sparingly. The song starts with the guitar and vocals and gets you in one groove and then the drums start and take me out of it every time. Then, I love them later I’m the song, just not behind the main verse.

Flamethrower is still fire. Pun firmly intended.

In about an hour, I'm about to go "Lucky Rainbow" this thing and see what I end up with

#NoWhammys

1MHW.gif

Same here. Listening now. Great sounding, quiet pressing. The drums really hit.

Converge has really grown on me. I still don’t like Supercell much. Witchcraft has went down a few pegs, as well. I feel like that odd-time drum beat would be used to better effect if used more sparingly. The song starts with the guitar and vocals and gets you in one groove and then the drums start and take me out of it every time. Then, I love them later I’m the song, just not behind the main verse.

Flamethrower is still fire. Pun firmly intended.
the more I listen to the new album the more it grows on me. I wouldn't say I disliked it at any point but it was the probably most luke warm I've been about a Gizz album maybe ever (does Timeland count?)

Converge is probably my least favorite on the album, not counting the vinyl only bonus track... honestly it's a good song but there's just something about the part with Amby that gives me 311 vibes and I can't unhear it.

Back