All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

it does look sick, but I passed on it as I don't need another ATO variant...

but it just occurred to me, I wonder if they'll be doing 5 year anniversaries for all 5 2017 albums... which would be a perfect opportunity to maybe make a 2xLP MotU?

My thoughts too, I was surprised when they did the double 45 of Mind Fuzz, definitely think MOTU needs that more!

I might've missed any talk- but any of you hitting the Levitation shows?

I thought I was gonna be in Vegas working WWWY so I didn't snag tickets, but I live in Austin and will prob swing by The Jesus and Mary Chain tomorrow. if anyone is in town for Gizz, hit me up!

I thought I was gonna be in Vegas working WWWY so I didn't snag tickets, but I live in Austin and will prob swing by The Jesus and Mary Chain tomorrow. if anyone is in town for Gizz, hit me up!
@MattS

Yep, I should be there if all goes well with work!

has anyone watched sleeping monster yet ?
I just did. If you're familiar with PHC and John's style its great, probably a little boring for the casual fan though. First section is cut-up interviews of all the band members and footage of them building their studio with snippets of changes as the soundtrack, and it ends on a live demo version of the title track which is fantastic. Definitely a Crumbling Castle tier instant classic Gizz track, but very composed and very key-instrument focused, sounds a bit like Sketches of Brunswick East, this might be their most genuine Jazz album.

I just did. If you're familiar with PHC and John's style its great, probably a little boring for the casual fan though. First section is cut-up interviews of all the band members and footage of them building their studio with snippets of changes as the soundtrack, and it ends on a live demo version of the title track which is fantastic. Definitely a Crumbling Castle tier instant classic Gizz track, but very composed and very key-instrument focused, sounds a bit like Sketches of Brunswick East, this might be their most genuine Jazz album.
I tried last night but got stuck in a paypal loop and gave up.

The latest episode of Aunty Donna has a fun KG&tLW twist. They play party quirks and part of it is that Mark must say 3 king Gizzard and the lizard wizard album titles.

Extremely pleased with Changes. Hate Dancin' was the perfect single in hindsight, it seemed very inconsequential at the time but set an expectation for the soundscape of the album, which is otherwise packed full of great moments and little twists. Astroturf has a sick Jazz Flute solo and is all round sticking out to me so far apart from Change. Need to let it all sink in, but I've loved every second of it so far. Feels like an all-time King Gizz album like IIYMF, Nonagon, Poly and ITRN that are like 'before and after' turning points.

Well. Changes is pretty great, huh?

So far the stand-out section is No Body into Gondii. Two songs that have some of the least Gizz-sounding pieces, but are still very much Gizzy. Kind of wild how they keep adding elements to their repertoire and making them feel right at home with the rest of their sound.

All in all, this might be my most positive of any first-listen to a Gizzard album.

Back