All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Instantly love this album. Mushroom Kingdom took me a few listens to get into several of the tracks (some were instant loves) but this one hits the right spots for me. Really hope they play one of these jams when I see them in a couple weeks!!!
Mushroom Kingdom.. ha ha. I still don't know the actual title either

It may have just been the lucy but holy fuck was last night magical. Row 20 right in the center. No poster but they took my mind, melted it down and spat me back out in the best way possible.
367A7CEB-87A5-4EFC-96B0-085D16857ECB.jpeg
66933E17-1117-494C-A415-03FCBFC9A9DE.jpeg
Also, best intermission music ever with Laminated Denim split across the two nights. Watch these shows on nugs or listen to jacks recordings when they come out.

It may have just been the lucy but holy fuck was last night magical. Row 20 right in the center. No poster but they took my mind, melted it down and spat me back out in the best way possible.
View attachment 153839
View attachment 153841
Also, best intermission music ever with Laminated Denim split across the two nights. Watch these shows on nugs or listen to jacks recordings when they come out.
I was on half a tab in the 5th row on day 1, I feel you my dude! I wanna sit down and write more about the experience, but these last two days have been epic, life affirming, and mind melting.

We got to the north entrance around 12:45 and was extremely lucky to meet a wonderful group of people as well as grab a poster, and we were 11th row last night! My first time at Red Rocks, these two concerts are the best I have ever attended, it’s not even close!

I was on half a tab in the 5th row on day 1, I feel you my dude! I wanna sit down and write more about the experience, but these last two days have been epic, life affirming, and mind melting.

We got to the north entrance around 12:45 and was extremely lucky to meet a wonderful group of people as well as grab a poster, and we were 11th row last night! My first time at Red Rocks, these two concerts are the best I have ever attended, it’s not even close!

Red Rocks is a real magical place. Everyone should try to make it a point to see a show there at least once.

Last edited:
it's definitely on my bucket list... fucking wish circumstances allowed me to make these shows, but I am so happy you all had a memorable experience!!!

I'll make sure I'm there next time they play RR!

I was lucky enough to live in Colorado for 6 years for college and bumming around after. I got to see a bunch of shows there, and almost all of them the musicians pause to be like, "look at this place!"

work was all sorts of busy this morning, but during my late lunch break I smoked a bowl and got around to listening to Laminated Denim, and holy hell...

maybe it was the Timeland connection that had me with lowered expectations, despite they themselves saying this was amongst their own favorite, but I wasn't expecting 2 more Head On/Pill / Am I In Heaven / Crumbling Castle / Dripping Tap style rippers

color me pleasantly surprised and pleased!

bring on Changes!

work was all sorts of busy this morning, but during my late lunch break I smoked a bowl and got around to listening to Laminated Denim, and holy hell...

maybe it was the Timeland connection that had me with lowered expectations, despite they themselves saying this was amongst their own favorite, but I wasn't expecting 2 more Head On/Pill / Am I In Heaven / Crumbling Castle / Dripping Tap style rippers

color me pleasantly surprised and pleased!

bring on Changes!

i still feel like i have to fully digest Omnium Gatherum, that thing is so good and probably going to be top 5 Gizz to me for now, or this week or month. whatever , such a great record. i played it for a buddy a couple of days ago who had not heard it yet, he was all smiles while listeting.

Omnium Gatherum is one of my favorites from King GIzz right now even if I'm still thinking the last couple of songs don't end it super strongly. Ice, Death, etc. is really great. It hits a nice sweet spot for me especially because it's their most psychedelically jammy record. I haven't listened to Laminated Denim yet. I also have all 3 new ones ordered, but I haven't heard anything about them being shipped yet (and I did for some reason pay more to have them ship as they come out). But it's nice to still be able to stream them right now. Also, for Red Rocks, I am hoping they put out the shows on bandcamp or something.

Omnium Gatherum is one of my favorites from King GIzz right now even if I'm still thinking the last couple of songs don't end it super strongly. Ice, Death, etc. is really great. It hits a nice sweet spot for me especially because it's their most psychedelically jammy record. I haven't listened to Laminated Denim yet. I also have all 3 new ones ordered, but I haven't heard anything about them being shipped yet (and I did for some reason pay more to have them ship as they come out). But it's nice to still be able to stream them right now. Also, for Red Rocks, I am hoping they put out the shows on bandcamp or something.
there's no way in hell the Red Rocks shows don't get released, whether bootleg or official. they definitely noted they will be streaming the video of the shows, so we know that's coming soon

Omnium Gatherum is one of my favorites from King GIzz right now even if I'm still thinking the last couple of songs don't end it super strongly.

i think you could make the case for some of the songs could fit quiet well on past records such as Infest the rats nest or so, while others could be on Gumboot or Paper Marche. i love it

Back