All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I'm big on the Nonagon Infinity and Flying Microtonal Banana era of stuff and Polygondwanaland. If you want to stay in the garage psych vein, I'm In Your Mind Fuzz is also a good move. The new album, Petrodragonic, is heavy on thrash metal, but I love it. Infest The Rats' Nest is too.

Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushroom & Lava is also a newer favorite from last year. Great sprawling expansive tracks, tripped out with some Eastern influence and prog elements. Omnium Gatherium also gets props for being bold enough to launch with and 18-minute epic.
Yeah, to be honest Petrodragonic has kind of ruined anything else of theirs for me because it goes so hard.

Streaming Nonagon now and it's decent.

Yeah, to be honest Petrodragonic has kind of ruined anything else of theirs for me because it goes so hard.

You might want to listen to Infest the Rats' Nest if you want heavy. Nonagon just keep unfolding like one infinite song. Microtonal starts with "Rattlesnake" which is kind of an undeniable track in my opinion.

Omnium Gatherium starts with "The Dripping Tap" which goes pretty hard in its own way. It's heavy psych.

Fishing For Fishies has become my favorite, and what I listen to all the time now. It may not scratch the Petrodragonic itch for you as it may just be their least hard album. Its more a psychedelic folk album.

Nonagon Infinity was my intro, and still one of favorites.

Microtonal Banana solidified my fandom.

Polygondwanaland was my favorite of the 2017 albums.

And I'll add Omnium Gatherum as a 5th cause Dripping Tap is epic.

Ok, so since I've been late to the Gizz party, gimme the 5 to 10 essential albums to own...

*braces for impact*
People have already covered everything basically but I wanted to join in.

For some bit of heaviness plus an over-arching concept: Murder of the Universe

Personal favorite right now, plus just essential jammy album: Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava

For a little bit of everything they’ve done - metal to psych pop rock and even light rapping: Omnium Gatherum.

Purely fun, tight album that just keeps unfolding and expanding on itself: Butterfly 3000

Divergent gateway album into the more experimental, microtonal work they’ve done: Flying Microtonal Banana

People have already covered everything basically but I wanted to join in.

For some bit of heaviness plus an over-arching concept: Murder of the Universe

Personal favorite right now, plus just essential jammy album: Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava

For a little bit of everything they’ve done - metal to psych pop rock and even light rapping: Omnium Gatherum.

Purely fun, tight album that just keeps unfolding and expanding on itself: Butterfly 3000

Divergent gateway album into the more experimental, microtonal work they’ve done: Flying Microtonal Banana
I dig Ice V as a single, but never dug into the whole album. I'm looking forward to this journey.

I'm a late-to-the-party-er myself, having finally poked my head into the Gizzverse right before Butterfly 3000 came out.
I still haven't even listened to all of their albums by this point, so my list is a bit skewed toward strictly what I've listened to (and included a handful I don't yet own)

"essentials"
Nonagon Infinity (this one feels like their most essential album to me - at least of the ones I've heard so far)
Omnium Gatherum
Murder of the Universe
Flying Microtonal Banana
Paper Mâché Dream Balloon

my other faves:
Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava
Infest the Rats' Nest
K.G.
L.W.
(this holds an extra special place for me, as it was the first Gizz I listened to)
Butterfly 3001 (a lot of remix albums can be bullshit, this one is not!)

Had to grab this great Gila Monster poster. I have a smaller print version of his radioactive banana dude from microtonal that's great too.
20% off with code Thanks20

This one is sold out, but I've got it in my office.

Ok, so since I've been late to the Gizz party, gimme the 5 to 10 essential albums to own...

*braces for impact*
there have been great recommendations from everyone, so I'm not going to retread that ground... but "MADE IN TIMELAND"!

boy, did I simply write this off as a non-album at first, just a messy collection of mismatched snippets, but I had revisited it recently and I think it's pretty brilliant. yes, it's still some of the things I thought it was initially, but it's far more cohesive and interesting than I originally thought.

Showed this to new kid. When they got to King Gizzard and the deejay said “this is what they sound like,” my wife said “depending on the day.” Lol

Back