Albums That Need to Be Pressed / Repressed on Vinyl

R-1545293-1261167542.jpeg.jpg

Esperanza Spalding - Esperanza (2008)

The album that really put her on the map. Her sophomore effort, released in 2008, and somehow the only album in her discography (currently 8 albums deep) not pressed on vinyl. Really doesn't make sense to me and definitely deserving of a wax treatment.

Would love to get this pressed. A couple others of theirs too.

If someone would go ahead and reissue the first 4 Guided By Voices records and their first EP that would be great! I get on a GBV kick ever so often and it's always kills me to see the prices on discog....

I saw them at Glastonbury in 2003 and it was raining and then the sun came out during their set and it was kinda magic…
This was the show I was at, looks like the following year

1662484464310.png

In the brief window between the breakup of Trip Shakespeare and "Closing Time" becoming one of the most over-played songs of the 90s Semisonic made arguably it's finest work. They were such a big deal among my friends and I in Minneapolis, and Great Divide was almost always in my six-disk changer for years. I don't think it has ever been pressed on vinyl, but it's an insta-buy if I ever see it.

View attachment 150614

In the brief window between the breakup of Trip Shakespeare and "Closing Time" becoming one of the most over-played songs of the 90s Semisonic made arguably it's finest work. They were such a big deal among my friends and I in Minneapolis, and Great Divide was almost always in my six-disk changer for years. I don't think it has ever been pressed on vinyl, but it's an insta-buy if I ever see it.
didn't even know about this one! i really used to love Feelin Strangely Fine as an album (i would skip closing time when listening to it just because it was so overplayed).

View attachment 150601

I would LOVE a 12" pressing of the CD single version of Crucify.
By far my favourite of the 8 or 9 Tori Amos CDs I used to have.

1. Crucify (Remix)
  2. Winter
  3. Angie
  4. Smells Like Teen Spirit
  5. Thank You

All three covers are great - especially "Angie."
Such a great set. I always figured this would be a good release as a 10 inch for record store day.
I'm still waiting for "Choir Girl" vinyl.

I bought the over priced US press on discogs a few years ago. Now, $150 seems lol a deal for this album.

"Tori confirmed in person at The Light Princess In Concert last year that the Choirgirl remaster will NOT be happening.
She didn’t give a reason but sources close to her management have suggested it’s because the masters are missing."

"Tori confirmed in person at The Light Princess In Concert last year that the Choirgirl remaster will NOT be happening.
She didn’t give a reason but sources close to her management have suggested it’s because the masters are missing."
I remember reading this a few years ago and, I decided to pull the trigger on the original press.

Back