Albums That Need to Be Pressed / Repressed on Vinyl

I'll add my three:

John Butler Trio - Sunrise Over Sea (Needs Repress)
The_John_Butler_Trio-Sunrise_Over_Sea.jpg

The Avett Brothers - The Gleam (Never Pressed)
latest

The Avett Brothers - The Gleam II (Needs Repress)
latest

My wishlist looks something like this:
-Luther Allison - Bad News is Coming*
-Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele*
-The Game - The Documentary*
-Mariah Carey - Daydream
-Dashboard Confessional - The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
-Proper Kanye West releases (especially Late Orchestration!)*
-Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave*
-Nas - Stillmatic

*I own all of the *'d albums, but they're hard to find in good condition, or they cost a lot of money (aka I spent too much for copies in not amazing condition haha)

Skeleton Key - Fantastic Spikes Through Balloon.

Unheard of in 1997, almost not remembered at all. Would at least benefit from a few hundred copies being pressed...?

All of Pulp’s albums, and particularly Different Class, still appear to be in pretty open circulation over here, I don’t think it’s gone out of press?
I think the only pressing in print is the EU Universal. I've heard that the sound is decent but that the jacket looks like low res scan. That's kept me from pulling the trigger on $30+ import price. I'd love to see a high quality reissue on all fronts.

Plain has the only recent reissue over here in the US and they are usually terrible.

I think the only pressing in print is the EU Universal. I've heard that the sound is decent but that the jacket looks like low res scan. That's kept me from pulling the trigger on $30+ import price. I'd love to see a high quality reissue on all fronts.

Plain has the only recent reissue over here in the US and they are usually terrible.

I’m not sure. There were a fair few MOV copies knocking about in our stores for a while there. The ones that have replaced them on our shelves now don’t look too bad in the racks but as I’m not buying it I’ve not picked it up and looked closer!

I'm currently trying to collect all of the albums that won AOTY at the Grammys but several either have never been pressed or had super limited pressing.

The ones that need it of the top of my head are
Santana - Supernatural (hoping this is the year since it turns 20)
Steely Dan - two against nature
Tony Bennett - Unplugged
Natalie Cole - Unforgettable with love

Never Pressed:
  • Natalie Merchant, Ophelia
  • BT, Movement in Still Life (US tracklist, including "Never Gonna Come Back Down")
  • Fiona Apple, When the Pawn...
Pressed but too expensive:
  • Zero 7, When It Falls (cheapest discogs: $179.66)
  • Cut Copy, In Ghost Colors (cheapest discogs: $127)
  • Fiona Apple, Idler Wheel (cheapest discogs: $115.59)
  • Fiona Apple, Extraordinary Machine (cheapest discogs: $110)

Last edited:
Back