5. Nico - Chelsea Girl
6. The Who - The Who Sell Out
7. The Kinks - Something Else By The Kinks
8. Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
9. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced
10. Aretha Franklin - I’ve Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You
I knew your #1 was going The Velvet Underground & Nico! 🤦‍♂️

That album reminds me of boring, pretentious, manager, white-collar Wilco! 😂

But I must admit that I do really enjoy a few tracks on that album, especially the majestic first track!

I knew your #1 was going The Velvet Underground & Nico! 🤦‍♂️

That album reminds me of boring, pretentious, manager, white-collar Wilco! 😂

But I must admit that I do really enjoy a few tracks on that album, especially the majestic first song!

Wow! Have a little read about the velvets and come back to me, they’re like the least boring set of people ever! Also all that gorgeous fuzz boring, Nathan wash out your ears! Hahaha!

Only kidding, you do you, but there is a credible school of though that this is by far and away the most influential album of this year, even accounting for Pepper’s!

Wow! Have a little read about the velvets and come back to me, they’re like the least boring set of people ever! Also all that gorgeous fuzz boring, Nathan wash out your ears! Hahaha!

Only kidding, you do you, but there is a credible school of though that this is by far and away the most influential album of this year, even accounting for Pepper’s!
Hmmmm! I should look into them as people! Maybe I need to give this album another shot, especially as I did enjoy around 3 tracks on there!

I feel like if I enjoy The Velvet Underground & Nico, then what even am I?!? Hahaha

Like I just purchased a 1999 NSYNC album and 2001 Britney album. And I love disco, gangsta bling era hip-hop, Afro-Cuban jazz, a lot of R&B from 2005-2007......like it would be soooo weird if I liked this The Velvet Underground & Nico album. I like Van Morrison, PJ Harvey, The Beatles, Slowdive, Broken Social Scene. They all have this soul/pop to their sound. Meh, I don’t know why I’m being defensive 🙈😂

But I know there’s one thing for sure, this 1967 studio album by The Velvet Underground & Nico has very little to no sex appeal. I didn’t get anything sexy from this album. I got sexiness with some tracks from Sgt, Pepper’s, The Doors & Smiley Smile....but NO sexy vibes from The Velvet Underground & Nico! 🤷‍♂️

But I’m still going to give the album another shot! 🤗

Hmmmm! I should look into them as people! Maybe I need to give this album another shot, especially as I did enjoy around 3 tracks on there!

I feel like if I enjoy The Velvet Underground & Nico, then what even am I?!? Hahaha

Like I just purchased a 1999 NSYNC album and 2001 Britney album. And I love disco, gangsta bling era hip-hop, Afro-Cuban jazz, a lot of R&B from 2005-2007......like it would be soooo weird if I liked this The Velvet Underground & Nico album. I like Van Morrison, PJ Harvey, The Beatles, Slowdive, Broken Social Scene. They all have this soul/pop to their sound. Meh, I don’t know why I’m being defensive 🙈😂

But I know there’s one thing for sure, this 1967 studio album by The Velvet Underground & Nico has very little to no sex appeal. I didn’t get anything sexy from this album. I got sexiness with some tracks from Sgt, Pepper’s, The Doors & Smiley Smile....but NO sexy vibes from The Velvet Underground & Nico! 🤷‍♂️

It might not be outright in your face sexy but that album is as kinky as fuck!

Last edited:

Just wait till you find out where they got their name.

Seriously, based on what you've said I think TVU&N could be right up your alley if you give it some proper attention. Have a read about their origin, their context (The Factory and Andy Warhol), and most importantly the lyrics when you listen to it again.

My Top Ten of 1967

The Doors - S/T
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers
The Velvet Underground and Nico - S/T
Cream - Disraeli Gears
Thelonious Monk - Straight, No Chaser
The Doors - Strange Days
The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

HMs - Traffic - Mr Fantasy, Ten Years After - S/T, Otis and Carla - King & Queen

1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
  2. The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico
  3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love
  4. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
  5. Nina Simone - Nina Simone Sings the Blues
  6. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
  7. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  8. Love - Forever Changes
  9. Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
  10. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen

1967:
  1. The Doors - "The Doors"
  2. The Beatles - "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
  3. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Are You Experienced"
  4. Love - "Forever Changes"
  5. The Velvet Underground & Nico - "The Velvet Underground & Nico"
  6. Pink Floyd - "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn"
  7. Cream - "Disraeli Gears"
  8. The Doors - "Strange Days"
  9. Jefferson Airplane - "Surrealistic Pillow"
  10. James Carr - "You Got My Mind Messed Up"

1. The Velvet Underground and Nico
2. Scott Walker - Scott
3. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen
4. The Kinks - Something Else By The Kinks
5. Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave
6. Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates of Dawn
7. Love - Forever Changes
8. Miriam Makeba - Pata Pata
9. The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
10. The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile

Honorable mention:
Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
Pierre Henry and Michel Colombier - Messe Pour Le Temps Present
Traffic - Mr. Fantasy
Aldo Ciccolini - Piano Music of Erik Satie, Vol. 1
The Who - The Who Sell Out
Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You
The Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons
John Fahey - Days Have Gone By
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
The Walker Brothers - Images
The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
The Free Design - Kites Are Fun
Tim Buckley - Goodbye And Hello

1. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen

2. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

3. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

4. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

5. Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello

6. Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

7. The Doors - S/T

8. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?

9. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Safe as Milk

10. David Bowie - S/T

Back