Abbey Road 50th Ann. release announced

The mono of that is just about as perfect a document of that album as you’ll ever need!
I would've liked extra bonus cuts from the recording sessions. Outtakes, things like that. It's one of my favorite albums because it made me want to make music. The Beatles showed me that music is a limitless well of creativity and the music you make is truly whatever the hell you can think of. I would've liked to have heard the Beatles going through that creative process on Revolver, and hearing outtakes would've been amazing to me.

I would've liked extra bonus cuts from the recording sessions. Outtakes, things like that. It's one of my favorite albums because it made me want to make music. The Beatles showed me that music is a limitless well of creativity and the music you make is truly whatever the hell you can think of. I would've liked to have heard the Beatles going through that creative process on Revolver, and hearing outtakes would've been amazing to me.

I think they started with these as ones that needed to be revisited. That’s why they looked at Pepper’s first, because the stereo mix was appalling, so the idea was to fix that, which for me they did (I know that’s a controversial opinion with some...).

The extras were almost an afterthought. Personally I’m not a fan of listening to multiple demo takes, I find it a bit tedious, and they haven’t been the focus of these for me, well other that the Esher Sessions, they were astounding!

I think they started with these as ones that needed to be revisited. That’s why they looked at Pepper’s first, because the stereo mix was appalling, so the idea was to fix that, which for me they did (I know that’s a controversial opinion with some...).

The extras were almost an afterthought. Personally I’m not a fan of listening to multiple demo takes, I find it a bit tedious, and they haven’t been the focus of these for me, well other that the Esher Sessions, they were astounding!
I don't usually like listening to demos and outtakes either, but Revolver is just special to me in that way. It just would be nice to hear their creative endeavors and hear them developing Revolver into the masterpiece that it is.

I don't usually like listening to demos and outtakes either, but Revolver is just special to me in that way. It just would be nice to hear their creative endeavors and hear them developing Revolver into the masterpiece that it is.

You should check out, I think, Anthology 2 then, I think that’s the one that covers most of Revolver.

Also, if it’s any consolation, you had to get the multiple cd versions of Pepper’s and White to get that. On vinyl Pepper’s came with the comically terrible “alternative Pepper’s” which was on take of each song from the demos and the white on vinyl just came with the Esher Sessions.

You should check out, I think, Anthology 2 then, I think that’s the one that covers most of Revolver.

Also, if it’s any consolation, you had to get the multiple cd versions of Pepper’s and White to get that. On vinyl Pepper’s came with the comically terrible “alternative Pepper’s” which was on take of each song from the demos and the white on vinyl just came with the Esher Sessions.
Well, I just added all 3 anthology albums to my wantlist on discogs, lol.

I love the Beatles enormously but I find it hard to pay close to 100 quid or whatever it is for an album I already have and demos that may or may not be any good. I've even resisted on the White Album as it's just too much for the Esher tapes even though I really want them (I would have snapped up that Amazon deal in the US v quickly if I were there). I'll just have to be happy with my mono box, the Anthologies etc.

I'm not 100% on this one, I have the MoFi and mono (box set) pressing and still want to grab an 80s UK Parlophone pressing.....the Esher tapes are wonderful and I'm happy to have grabbed the White album, but demo/outakes are a little different. We may just keep looking for the 80s UK over this. We'll see.

I'm not 100% on this one, I have the MoFi and mono (box set) pressing and still want to grab an 80s UK Parlophone pressing.....the Esher tapes are wonderful and I'm happy to have grabbed the White album, but demo/outakes are a little different. We may just keep looking for the 80s UK over this. We'll see.
Is there something special about an 80s UK pressing of Abbey Road? I’ve personally never heard a bad version of it but I’m interested in the best sounding version... I had a beat up early UK pressing that was fantastic but it had a few skips. I also had the US for a very long time but got rid of it after I got a NM MoFi. I’m going to get the 2019 release but not sure if I want the box or just the new mix... I don’t think I’ll really listen to the outtakes much but it is my favorite Beatles album.

In case you’re interested, Amazon France has the super deluxe for 76 Euro, which reduced to 73 euro at checkout (about $81)

I have the mofi as well and I really don't think thay mix is that special. Its like really low EQ and in terms of pressing its not really on heavy weight. What do you think?

I still haven't got around to purchasing the white album or sgt peppers new stereo mixes yet (have the 2012 monos).

Is Martin Jr doing the mixes on this as well?

Abbey Road isn’t in the mono box, do you mean 2012 Stereo box?

Back