A Drunken Thread For When You're A Drunken

Oh darlin'.

giphy.gif

I've never ever heard them

Also I'm drinking drinks. Wine drinks.
They are my favorite band in life. I saw them on the Lost Souls tour (first album) 20 years ago... They played in a pitch black auditorium with a large white sheet draped behind them and as they played each song a corresponding 8 mm film played, projected on the makeshift screen. Each song had it's own silent short film. It's was absolutely magical and beautiful and melancholy and wonderful. I highly recommend anyone that likes music, to please listen to at least that first album. It's not a... happy album necessarily, but it's also not sad, more... introspective. It helps to listen to it in the dark.

They are my favorite band in life. I saw them on the Lost Souls tour (first album)... They played in a pitch black auditorium with a large white sheet draped behind them and as they played each song a corresponding 8 mm film played, projected on the makeshift screen. Each song had it's own silent short film. It's was absolutely magical and beautiful and melancholy and wonderful. I highly recommend anyone that likes music, to please listen to at least that first album. It's not a... happy album necessarily, but it's also not sad, more... introspective. It helps to listen to it in the dark.
I've always meant to listen to them, and I have no particular need for happy music. I'm sure I'll listen eventually, or whenever someone sends me a Doves record 😉
PXL_20201127_052654565.MP.jpg

This is probably their most popular song, and it’s a good one

Yep that's a good one, although I would urge anyone who's listening for he first time to just listen to the music, and avoid the videos. I find with any music the videos really color the song and affect how you think about it, better to conjure your own imagery, in my opinion.

All this drunken doves love warms my cold dead heart. Seeing them on the end of tour homecoming gig in Manchester in 2005 was pretty special! That night was one big party! Looking forward to the gig in Dublin in April, if we are back to being able to go gigging by then!

Drinking angry orchard and fire ball on sundays while I play mario kart with my friends has become the high light of my week. I keep getting to the point where I wanna shower all my friends with love and affection but I'm afraid I'm getting annoying lol

Back