A Drunken Thread For When You're A Drunken

Well if one were to do such a thing, would one be allowed to discuss it in a thread? This is your baby isn't it? Don't want to step on any toes
I would respectfully ask that those discussions take place on any one of numerous forums geared towards those conversations..........do it for me and remember, only YOU can prevent forest fires 😎

There's a thread for drunk posting but is there a rule against a thread for people who liked to breathe in flaming plants? @AnthonyI

I would respectfully ask that those discussions take place on any one of numerous forums geared towards those conversations..........do it for me and remember, only YOU can prevent forest fires 😎

So we won't have a Toker's Alley down the block from the cool shops? 😢 :cry:

Also, I might be hitting this place later, going down to the bar with the GF. This is one of my favorite threads here.

I’m out in bar now.lovely bar. Equinox by Jean michel jarre and golden brown by the stranglers. Lovely alcohol

If you had 24 hours of invisibility, what would you do?

-You don't have superpowers
-Cant leave town
-whatever you touch won't turn invisible
This wasn't directed at me but, I'm on my first beer and IDGAF.

I would:
Walk my leashed dog everywhere
Trip motion-sensing doors at gas stations repeatedly.
Go to a lot of drive-thru restaurants
Finally catch a squirrel
Drink plenty of fluid

I am not on my first beer. Nor for my second. Don't worry, I'm not in double figures. Who can say no to a delirious imp clutching beers the size of their torso though?

IMG_20190525_231156.jpg

Right now, I'm on the beer to stay ahead of my thoughts. The divorce stuff is fine- amazingly so. I had initially thought that the feeling of relief would fade but it hasn't, which- now I'm officially divorced and have the sad printout to prove it- is probably a good thing. It's not there are no regrets but I think we're both better off apart than trying to make something broken work.

Instead, my thoughts are about my nephew and his parents. He's terminally ill and has been moved to a hospice. If we view the UK to be 60 million people trapped on some islands, experimenting with social awkwardness, I find myself in the midst of any number of conflicts. I don't want to be an unwanted arrival to two parents experiencing the worst thing I can possibly imagine, and this is the twin sister of my freshly divorced ex-wife. Equally, I feel terrible for not visiting. I fear lingering death and the idea of going to the hospice (amazing place though it truly is) has my insides turning to liquid. Part of me- as a 38 year old man usually willfully opposed to any form of external direction- wants nothing more than to be summoned because I'll go and simply follow instructions. It's the decision making that kills.

I'm a practical (ish) person. I've focused on looking after my son as much as I can so my ex-wife gets the time she needs to help her sister. I find my thoughts turning to how, a little way in the future, I might raise some money for the amazing hospice. Right now though, I feel I'm a shit for not going and just as much of a shit for wanting to go.

I am not on my first beer. Nor for my second. Don't worry, I'm not in double figures. Who can say no to a delirious imp clutching beers the size of their torso though?

View attachment 2622

Right now, I'm on the beer to stay ahead of my thoughts. The divorce stuff is fine- amazingly so. I had initially thought that the feeling of relief would fade but it hasn't, which- now I'm officially divorced and have the sad printout to prove it- is probably a good thing. It's not there are no regrets but I think we're both better off apart than trying to make something broken work.

Instead, my thoughts are about my nephew and his parents. He's terminally ill and has been moved to a hospice. If we view the UK to be 60 million people trapped on some islands, experimenting with social awkwardness, I find myself in the midst of any number of conflicts. I don't want to be an unwanted arrival to two parents experiencing the worst thing I can possibly imagine, and this is the twin sister of my freshly divorced ex-wife. Equally, I feel terrible for not visiting. I fear lingering death and the idea of going to the hospice (amazing place though it truly is) has my insides turning to liquid. Part of me- as a 38 year old man usually willfully opposed to any form of external direction- wants nothing more than to be summoned because I'll go and simply follow instructions. It's the decision making that kills.

I'm a practical (ish) person. I've focused on looking after my son as much as I can so my ex-wife gets the time she needs to help her sister. I find my thoughts turning to how, a little way in the future, I might raise some money for the amazing hospice. Right now though, I feel I'm a shit for not going and just as much of a shit for wanting to go.
there's no words that can make any party here feel lifted, but I'll be thinking of you and your family and I hope you find some peace with your thoughts soon.

Back