90's / Nineties

Motownphilly is the one of the great songs of the 90s.

I have a mash-up/sequence band that plays this. Audience loses their shit every single time.

i went to high school with her .. this album is an unsung hero of the trip-hop scene

True story.
Virtually unknown here in the states. That album made senior year a better place for me.

I adore Veruca Salt and this ode to Levolor window blinds from American Thighs is infectious!

I saw them in '95 with Squash Blossom (who only released on 7") and Hazel (who put out a few things on Sub Pop). Hazel to this day is one of the greatest bands I ever saw live.

Late 90's, but still 90's nonetheless. I was a big Beulah fan, and they are sounding pretty great this afternoon as I work towards the weekend.

I think Magnapop released their Bob Mould produced "Hot Boxing" album around the time Veruca Salt were hitting.

I totally forgot about Magnapop

They got quite a bit of play here in Austin when that album was released. Some of that may have been because Bob Mould was living here at the time. "Hot Boxing" is a solid 90's album. Not much variance sonically from track to track, but still a pretty good record.

They got quite a bit of play here in Austin when that album was released. Some of that may have been because Bob Mould was living here at the time. "Hot Boxing" is a solid 90's album. Not much variance sonically from track to track, but still a pretty good record.

I don't think I ever listened to that full album but I definitely remember "Slowly, Slowly"

This was apparently produced by Mike Simpson of the dust brothers but it sure sounds to me like its more of a 'the good, the bad & the ugly' production. Who was 'the good, the bad & the ugly'? It was the production team of Mike Simpson, Automator & Prince Paul. They were working on an album that was supposed to have everyone from Trent Reznor to David Hasslehoff on it. It never materialized, but I do firmly believe that out of the ashes of that project rose the amazing, Handsome Boy Modelling School.

And the only song ever actually credited to "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"

Back