2020 Hobby New Years resolution

AnthonyI

So what's the plan for the New year? Buy more, buy less, buy wiser, system upgrades, throwing in the towel, lol

Let's here them goals :)

Mine, more crate digging and brick and mortar shopping, moving away from internet shopping as much as possible. Equipment wise, only one thing on the radar, new speakers. Also continuing the "Quality over Quantity" mindset, it's been working out well :)

This is the year of new speakers for me. It think I might be making a lateral speaker change very soon, but they should work better in my room.
As for the big upgrade, I still really want to get my ears on 0/93's because when used they are at the top end of what I'm looking to spend. But I have been tempted by some slightly more affordable used/demo options that I might move on if I have the cash before they are gone.

Fingers crossed the annual bonus + some saved Christmas money will get me there.

Buy less, sell more. Don't purchase any more Kallaxes (Kallaxi?), Heath, you devote too much space in your apartment to records already.
Same. It's about to a be a crazy Jerry's fire sale over here. I'm officially out of cube space and I have no more room for another Kallax.

The wife got me a pack of 100 sleeves for Christmas, so I'm slowly picking which records to get into sleeves (and eventually buy more to cover the rest of the collection; it's also helping me decide which records I need to part with or replace with better copies, as my bargain-bin Led Zeppelin II that skips incessantly probably doesn't need preservation). My major resolution, however, is to make sure every new record that enters my home is sleeved immediately.

New speakers for me, probably some Kudos x3 or Super 20a but will see once Demo’d, and also maybe an upgrade to my LP12 like Lingo 4, or a dedicated phono stage.

I bought much less vinyl in 2019, and it felt pretty okay. I still keep up with major releases/artists I like. But in terms of picking up random LPs based on deals or whatever, I cut it down considerably. Think I'll continue with that. As it stands, I have such a big backlog, I don't plan on buying any records any time soon.

I am still constantly running out of space though, with three Kallax shelves making up my entire collection. It's essentially the centerpiece of our living room. I can't imagine adding another shelf. But eventually I feel I'll have to, but I'm trying to put it off as long as possible by periodically going back through my collection and selling stuff off. I'll probably be doing that again this year.

Well, someone has to hold down the fort while you weenies all quit buying. I have no plans to reduce or scale back my reference library of music. In addition to my usual nonsense, I’m going to try and fill in some gaps in the collection from a handful of artists.

Also going to try and hit a few more stores to build out certain areas of the collection in the preowned department, but we’ll see how well that works. In flyover country used buying can definitely be a challenge, but going to try and get on the road a little more too and see what sorta luck I can wring out.

Well, someone has to hold down the fort while you weenies all quit buying. I have no plans to reduce or scale back my reference library of music. In addition to my usual nonsense, I’m going to try and fill in some gaps in the collection from a handful of artists.

Also going to try and hit a few more stores to build out certain areas of the collection in the preowned department, but we’ll see how well that works. In flyover country used buying can definitely be a challenge, but going to try and get on the road a little more too and see what sorta luck I can wring out.
Between this thread and the No Buy Vinyl Support thread we're just begging the Vinyl Gods to toss out an Uber popular release at the end all be all acid deal, lol

No longer Masters of our Domain :)
1578054001109.png

1. Buy about the same amount as 2019 (maybe 50 records or so) but...
2. Buy more from current artists since I bought a lot of reissues of old stuff last year (I need help with this one N&G!)
3. Buy more local
4. Prioritize quality over quantity
5. Maaaaaaaaaaybe think about an amp upgrade
6. Try to get my kids into music a bit more
7. Maybe get rid of some stuff that hasn't clicked with me

Back