Wilco (The Thread)

Don't really care how people spend their money, but this looks like shit for $250: Vinyl Records by AudioPhile USA
i'm about 100% sure that's just a cobbled together box of individual releases from around that time and the DBPM 45 adapter they gave away with one of the eps.

it doesn't even match the description on the RSD item page
Wilco’s legendary 2011 album, now on three LPs, expanded to include all related single, EP and bonus tracks plus a selection from The Loft's archive of live in-studio performances and previously unreleased alternate mixes and demos. This special Record Store Day 2024 release includes Wilco classics "Art of Almost", "Dawned on Me”, "Sunloathe” and many others.

edit: it's this - which came out in 2012

i'm about 100% sure that's just a cobbled together box of individual releases from around that time and the DBPM 45 adapter they gave away with one of the eps.

Ok great! That's good news.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Still seems incredibly steep to me. Agreed with @hatfieldpdx that I'd love an expanded A Ghost is Born like we've seen with the first four albums.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Still seems incredibly steep to me. Agreed with @hatfieldpdx that I'd love an expanded A Ghost is Born like we've seen with the first four albums.
I have no doubt we'll get a 20th anniversary reissue for A Ghost Is Born - maybe not to the extent of the YHF box, but at least something similar to the AM/BT/Summerteeth ones

Looks like $73 at Bullmoose. Still not sure I *need* it, but a very different proposition from $250.
I never bought The Whole Love when it was readily available so in that regard I am interested. I would prefer just the basic album since it is not my favorite Wilco record but it will probably depend how punch drunk I am when it’s finally my turn to go through the line.

Make sure you clap when Jeffy wants you to clap. I learned the hard way once.
Yes, also thou shall not check thy phone at anytime (especially if any well known sporting events are occurring at the same time as the concert).

Again… learned the hard way (Wilco’s 2019 Houston gig in the midst of an Astros playoff run).

I have no doubt we'll get a 20th anniversary reissue for A Ghost Is Born - maybe not to the extent of the YHF box, but at least something similar to the AM/BT/Summerteeth ones
Didn’t Nonesuch already announce they are going to do something special for Wilco/ A Ghost is Born this year? Pretty sure it was in the press release celebrating their 60th anniversary as a label.

I don't recall seeing anything specific, just a lot of hopeful speculating here amongst ourselves!
Yea they didn’t say specifically what the release specs are but they did say this:

Throughout 2024, Nonesuch will reissue a selection of its most beloved albums on vinyl, beginning in January with Gustavo Santaolalla’s Ronroco and also including Kronos Quartet’s Black Angels, Wilco’s A Ghost is Born, and Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker. Additional reissues will be announced throughout the year.

Back