What's the "Worst" Record in Your Collection?

How you define "worst" is subjective, but lets see the dregs of your collection. Albums you shouldn't own, but you do. Albums that shouldn't exist, but they do. Albums you define as your worst.

I'll start. This record was included as "padding" in a Discogs order. It's beat to hell and a bit warped, ha ha. It belongs in a landfill, but I'll probably drive around all summer with it on the dash of my car for scientific purposes.

View attachment 127239View attachment 127240
That's not a record...that's a boomerang.

Used as packing for an order.

Also - what a rip off. This thing only has 10 songs per side.

Also also - the rear jacket is an ad for other collections. Check out the pricing - an 8-Track (some of you young'uns will have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about here but my fellow geriatrics will), arguably the biggest piece of garbage tape format ever created, is $2 more than the LP.

How times have changed.

20220203_025515.jpg

20220203_025536.jpg

20220203_025609.jpg

Used as packing for an order.

Also - what a rip off. This thing only has 10 songs per side.

Also also - the rear jacket is an ad for other collections. Check out the pricing - an 8-Track (some of you young'uns will have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about here but my fellow geriatrics will), arguably the biggest piece of garbage tape format ever created, is $2 more than the LP.

How times have changed.

View attachment 127358

View attachment 127359

View attachment 127360
Somewhere I have a MoFi 8-track I found at a goodwill. My first car had a sweeeeeeeet 8-track player.

We had a mid 70's Mustang II hatchback - That particular model was the love child of the Mustang and the Pinto (which we also had a Pinto Wagon). The Mustang II had a 8-track with one tape from my Dad, Elvis's Greatest Hits. Drove it from SoCal up to NorCal once and got so tired of Elvis I picked up a Surf Punks 8-track to balance things out. We have a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible now that is way more fun to drive - and has a much better stereo system.

Back on topic - this could very well be the worst record in my collection. Never listened to it, picked up as a joke gift for Mrs. ImTheOcean.

1643933915704.png

I'll have to see if I can find one. At present she's covered in the garage and a bit taken apart. She hasn't been on the road in a good while but I could never bring myself to part with her. My dad bought her when I was 14 and she became mine at 16.

Bonus points for old pics with a youthful @Yer Ol' Uncle D

Back