What's Spinning

I didn't really need another copy of this. The 2 x 45 RPM MoFi is great and probably still beats this. The CB cut from the VMP box set is already a decent single LP version when I don't want to spin the 45 RPM. Even the 2 OG copies I have sound fine...maybe a little surface noise that adds some flavor.

But I still got it - and it sounds great. With all the available versions out there, this probably really didn't need to be made. I'm kinda tired of labels like Rhino and fuckchad going back to the well to reissue the same shit over and over. But we buy it....so they do it...and we buy it again...and they do it again...ad infinitum

But I think I'm going to break that cycle. I don't need the "best ever sounding" - I'm fine with "it sounds good to me". I'll replace a crappy original or reissue, but I'm done buying multiple copies to chase some unreachable perfection.

Grateful Dead – American Beauty
Rhino Records – RHF1 1863, 1970/2024

Rhino High Fidelity series - limited/numbered to 5000, #3199

Cut by Kevin Gray
Pressed at Optimal

gO4cifu.jpg

lXx1EHp.jpg

I didn't really need another copy of this. The 2 x 45 RPM MoFi is great and probably still beats this. The CB cut from the VMP box set is already a decent single LP version when I don't want to spin the 45 RPM. Even the 2 OG copies I have sound fine...maybe a little surface noise that adds some flavor.

But I still got it - and it sounds great. With all the available versions out there, this probably really didn't need to be made. I'm kinda tired of labels like Rhino and fuckchad going back to the well to reissue the same shit over and over. But we buy it....so they do it...and we buy it again...and they do it again...ad infinitum

But I think I'm going to break that cycle. I don't need the "best ever sounding" - I'm fine with "it sounds good to me". I'll replace a crappy original or reissue, but I'm done buying multiple copies to chase some unreachable perfection.

Grateful Dead – American Beauty
Rhino Records – RHF1 1863, 1970/2024

Rhino High Fidelity series - limited/numbered to 5000, #3199

Cut by Kevin Gray
Pressed at Optimal

gO4cifu.jpg

lXx1EHp.jpg
This is the way.

Spinning N&G Vol. 57 as curated by some dude named @Lee Newman
IMG_6668.jpeg
Steely Dan - Can’t Buy a Thrill

Write up just went live: