What's Spinning

Got this as part of a blind buy from a local record shop (long story). There’s no way I ever would have bought it for myself, and I’m surprised by how much I’m enjoying it. Catchy, energetic, great-sounding female-led tunes that bring to mind Gwen Stefani, Taylor Swift, and early days Avril Lavigne.

The Regrettes - Further Joy

4917FA0F-5633-4D66-BC45-C3A113AA095C.jpeg

Last edited:
Emma Ruth Rundle - Engine of Hell

View attachment 167580
I could swear I’ve dabbled in this album without it grabbing me at all. That would have been with my iPhone, just listening to a couple of songs. Playing this record, I’m kind of blown away. I had no idea it would be as beautiful as it is, or that it would be calling to mind for me Tori Amos, Kate Bush, and Sharon Van Etten. Damn, I wonder how many other records I haven’t given their due time would surprise the hell out of me? And man, the record sounds fantastic.

Happy birthday Tony Iommi.

The first LP I ever bought at the ripe old age of 13 way back in 1974.

I still have her. She's well traveled, looks decent considering the life she's lived, has the whole bottom seam of her gatefold blown out and could tell some sordid tales if she had a tongue...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

20230219_234147.jpg

Emma Ruth Rundle - Engine of Hell

View attachment 167580
I could swear I’ve dabbled in this album without it grabbing me at all. That would have been with my iPhone, just listening to a couple of songs. Playing this record, I’m kind of blown away. I had no idea it would be as beautiful as it is, or that it would be calling to mind for me Tori Amos, Kate Bush, and Sharon Van Etten. Damn, I wonder how many other records I haven’t given their due time would surprise the hell out of me? And man, the record sounds fantastic.
She's relocated to Portland recently, and that record is what made me come around. My #20 from '21.
Very excited to see her perform next month.

Back