What's Spinning

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
View attachment 145926

@DrainedPatience ‘s kind PIF of Ride The Lightning inspired me to preorder this weeks before it made a cameo in the Stranger Things finale.

Still that scene was bad ass!

Even though I'm just a little skeptical that a high school kid could learn that song (and solo) the same month that the album came out, I enjoyed that scene too :D

Even though I'm just a little skeptical that a high school kid could learn that song (and solo) the same month that the album came out, I enjoyed that scene too :D
I think I read somewhere that it was Metallica’s current bassist son who actually did the shredding for the the scene too which is a fun connection.

Grand Funk Railroad - Grand Funk
3A87EB07-04A7-4B0F-8C14-52D7B347F11C.jpeg

I am not overly familiar with Grand Funk Railroad, I’ve mainly heard “We’re An American Band”. It also seems like despite their popularity back in the 1970s they tend to not hold the same cultural cache as many other 70s Hard Rock FM radio staples. I mainly purchased this because the cover looked rad, and it was a well cared for original press for $8 at a local record store. Holy hell! This album is fun and sounds huge.

Collection play through:
20220714_183318.jpg
I completely forgot about the WBCN intro to Rockafeller Skank. WBCN was one of my favorite stations back in the day and I remember when I first heard this intro, I was wildin bc it's definitely not local to FBS and was wondering how he chose or got this clip

And... Mystery solved!

Last edited:
Back